Voice navigation gone

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
skellum
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Re: Voice navigation gone

Post by skellum »

I would agree with Sussamb - definitely untick the Topo maps as they have been proven to cause problems when navigating a route using CN Europe NTU mapping (I believe talked about/posted previously on this site)
phenderson
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by phenderson »

Again, thank you for the advice and interest in this issue.

I have never knowingly added any maps to my device and all the maps present (listed in my previous post) were loaded and selected from day one out of the box. So the how did the duplicate British Isles map get there and why would all the maps be selected if it is known to cause problems?

So just for clarity would you advise deselecting all maps except CN Europe NTU 2013.10 ALL North and South, asuming I'm sticking to paved roads?
FrankB
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 132 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

First of all. I live in the Netherlands, so things could be different here compared to your location.

In some Dutch forums I found that spoken navigation does not work when MULTIPLE routable maps are activated. The TOPO maps are not routable, a quick googling on 'TTSTD-British-Isles' shows that the TTSTD maps ARE. https://talkytoaster.me.uk/sdm_download ... p-version/

So I suspect those, and not so much the TOPO maps.

For my own peace of mind I did a quick test with TOPO and CN maps both enabled at the same time. And DID have Spoken Navigation.

So. Start with unticking the TTSTD first, still not working? Untick the TOPO maps. Still not working? Nothing to do with maps.

Good luck.
phenderson
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by phenderson »

Hi FrankB

I also searched and discovered the source of the TTSTD British Isles maps and the fact that they are routable. I need to experiment and find out what these offer over and above the CN maps. I have deselected all but the North & South CN maps and will test in that format.

To confirm my solution all I did was to deselect one of the TTSTD British Isles maps and I have voice commands back for navigation. So that is all CN maps, Topo maps and one British Isles map.

I've learned quite a bit going through this process.
Cheers everyone.
FrankB
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 132 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

Thanks for posting the results