Is it the Zumo XT or my bluetooth

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Fallguy67
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Re: Is it the Zumo XT or my bluetooth

Post by Fallguy67 »

I think your on the right track. As far as other notifications, yeah, make sure Smart Notifications are turned on on the XT and that drive app on your phone is connected to the XT
steve1960
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by steve1960 »

Fallguy67 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:34 pm I think your on the right track. As far as other notifications, yeah, make sure Smart Notifications are turned on on the XT and that drive app on your phone is connected to the XT
Ok…..thanks for that tip….

Steve
Steve

Garmin Zumo XT

Honda Forza 750 DCT👍
jfheath
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 747 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Brilliant - well done.

Yes - regarding email and message notifications - you have to enable notifications on your phone, then the settings in the Drive App on your phone can be set to pass them to the XT. The gear icon in the top right of Drive displays a list of the type of notifications that you want Drive to pass on to the XT.

Basically, drive receives all notifications that are set up for your phone to alert you. You can then get Drive to filter out the ones that you don't want the XT to receive.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

jfheath wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:52 pm Yes - regarding email and message notifications - you have to enable notifications on your phone, then the settings in the Drive App on your phone can be set to pass them to the XT. The gear icon in the top right of Drive displays a list of the type of notifications that you want Drive to pass on to the XT.
The Drive app on my iPhone does not have any configurable options via the gear icon or the "Settings" link. This is the screen the gear icon produces:
Drive App screenshot2.jpg
Drive App screenshot2.jpg (44.15 KiB) Viewed 1230 times

Expanding the "Zumo XT" item under "Devices" results in this screen as does the "Settings" link:
Drive App screenshot1.jpg
Drive App screenshot1.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hmm

Images are thumbnails, but full size if you clcik on them.

Once drive is loaded and connected to the phone and my Bluetooth connection in the XT is showing my phone with the drive icon and the phone icon, then I get the screen below.
Screenshot_20220926-152801_Drive[1].jpg
Screenshot_20220926-152801_Drive[1].jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
And when I click Smart Notifications, I see this - which is the screen that allows or blocks notifications being sent to the XT screen.
Screenshot_20220926-153211_Drive[1].jpg
Screenshot_20220926-153211_Drive[1].jpg (36.93 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
I know that second screen didn't show up when I first installed it - cos I have a video of it when I did some video demos of setting up Explore.
But I cannot make it not show up now.

Sometimes I found that you have to stop Drive from running - or uninstall it altogether, and reinstall it. I don't know why.

Im beginning to sound like Garmin helpdesk. Have you reset it and thrown away all of your precious data sir ?
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Peobody
Subscriber
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

I removed/reinstalled the Garmin Drive app, shutdown/restarted both my XT and iPhone. No change in what I see in the Drive app. I have also confirmed that the XT is connected to the phone and is showing the drive icon. @jfheath. your screens look different from mine. Is your phone an iPhone or Android? If Android, we need an iDevice owner to chime in on whether they see what I see or what you see.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Android.
I've got an ipad, but it doesn't have a SIM card. I can see what it does though

Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Post by Richard_R »

Peobody wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:32 pm The Drive app on my iPhone does not have any configurable options via the gear icon or the "Settings" link. This is the screen the gear icon produces:
Drive App screenshot2.jpg
I have an iPhone 11 with OS 16.0 and the Drive app on the phone looks exactly like your screen shots.
Peobody
Subscriber
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

This indicates a significant functional difference between the Android Drive app and the Apple one. It might be that Apple doesn't allow an app to manipulate notification settings. FWIW, mine is an iPhone SE on OS 15.7.
skellum
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by skellum »

The Drive app on my iphone is showing the same as Peabody's, however I have just realised I had not ticked the appropriate settings on the XT i.e., Settings/Wireless Networks/Smartphone Services/Smart Notifications that allow you to choose what type of notifications you wish to receive (Much like what is shown on the screenshots by jfheath) - my drive app still just shows the same as Peabody's but I am hoping messages will now show on the XT.