Sometimes no music?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
TNGW1500SE
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Sometimes no music?

Post by TNGW1500SE »

Sometimes (most of the time that is) when I press the music button nothing happens. Other times it works. I've installed all my mp3 files on the built in storage and there is still a bunch of room on the drive. I went through all the files to make sure there wasn't any files there except mp3's. I even when as far as removing all the album art embeded in the mp3s. I don't know what else too try.
jfheath
Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 744 times
Great Britain

Re: Sometimes no music?

Post by jfheath »

Did you get an answer to this ?

It used to be that the folder had to be called MP3 rather than mp3.

Try renaming the folder to abc. Then rename it to MP3. That shuffle is sometimes necessary as windows tends to preserve the original case of the letters. Don't know whether or not Macs do the same.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
rbentnail
Subscriber
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 220 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

On my XT I have music on the SD card. The Folder is called Mp3. Big M, little p, 3. I have 2102 files in 241 folders in Mp3. The music has never failed to play. I use this Bluetooth adapter with wired earbuds https://www.taotronics.com/products/tt- ... h-receiver

TNGW, you say, "I press the music button nothing happens". What exactly does that mean? Does the music app start? Does it show choices? Or does "nothing happens" mean no sound?
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
jfheath
Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 744 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

In that case (I had noticed that the XT is less fussy about case and location of gpx files), then you need to check that your XT is giving sound through the speakers with no bluetooth connected. If not, check the mute, volume and mixer volumes.
Then try to get a BT device connected and check the same sounds come through that.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Fourbears
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Fourbears »

Have you checked that you have the music source from the XT rather than Bluetooth?