Different items in Tread/Explore app vs explore website

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
abowen500
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Different items in Tread/Explore app vs explore website

Post by abowen500 »

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue where the items are different between the Tread and/or Explore app on an IOS device vs what’s shown on the explore website (on any device)? I paired my iPhone and it matches both the XT2 and the explore website in terms of collections, waypoints, and routes. When I pair my iPad or Android phone to the XT2 the Tread app remains basically empty. The list of collections, waypoints, and routes remain empty on that device, but the explore website and my first device are fine. I am using the same Garmin account on all devices. I’ve tried rebooting, deleting, reinstalling, changing my password, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
abowen500
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: Different items in Tread/Explore app vs explore website

Post by abowen500 »

Replying to my own post. I tried again today and I have no idea what happened but now my iPad matches both the explore website and my iPhone. Everything finally synced.
AugustFalcon
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Re: Different items in Tread/Explore app vs explore website

Post by AugustFalcon »

Actually, I have had the same problem. I use an XT, an XT2, two different phones, and a Samsung Active5 tablet. I added the Active5 to the mix for my last long trip because I wanted a larger screen both for planning using the Tread App n the trip and for running a backup GPS program next to the XT2 since the performance of the Garmin Traffic service and POI datasets has been unreliable for me.

Since it appeared to me that the Explore website was the basis of everything I first setup my Way-points in the Explore App and imported some Tracks also into a specified collection. Then I shifted over to the Tread App on one of the devices and made a couple of Routes. Sometime later I synced everything to the device but the routes would not sync! Finally it worked and I switched to the phone and opened the Tread App on the phone and connected it to the XT2 instead of the Active5. When I did that I watched most of the info in the collection on the XT2 disappear!

I was stubborn enough to repeat everything once again and it all disappeared again. I gave up after recreating the info for the 3rd time since it was late evening and did not attempt to sync it to the device. In the morning I was going to try some more but magically overnight the access to the Explore Library through the Tread App synced to the library when accessed through the Explore App, they were the same. After that I have limited my planning sessions to my primary phone and no longer use the Active5 to plan.

There appears to be some sort of sync delay between what one sees on a device running the Tread App or the Explore App.