Newbie alert! Help with route fault find please.

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
m326
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Newbie alert! Help with route fault find please.

Post by m326 »

New to XT2 and Tread. Seem to be finding my around the device and software, read lots of these forums posts - but I keep having issues with routes created in Tread on my Android phone. XT2 says Cannot Calculate Route, I have been getting this a lot!

So... in Tread is it best to plot a Start point followed by a Finish point and then shape the route as required or define a Start point and add shaping points along the roads you want to follow? Either way I'm finding that if you want to reshape a segment it does some pretty weird routing adding miles to your journey even when it's set to fastest time ;)

Here is one such file that I just can't get to work on the XT2, I have taken out maybe half of the shaping points and can't see what's still wrong with the route. If it works in Tread surely it should work on their SatNav? Having failed at that, I thought program the SatNav directly so put in the start point and the destination and got this... another fail. Just sits there calculating stuck at 0%

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ey53-w ... sp=sharing

I'm finding that half of the routes I make in Tread won't work on the XT2 despite going through them in minute detail, zooming in, not selecting car parks as stops etc, etc. Surely there's something I'm missing here?
Returned to biking 2 years ago after a long spell off. Pretty useless at navigating, or rather I can't remember where I'm supposed to be going. Bought TomTom 550 which reboots randomly & usually in the middle of a city centre. Just bought the XT2.. still trying to get to grips with it.
Burgman 400, Tread & MyRouteApp.
Oop North John
Subscriber
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 51 times
Great Britain

Re: Newbie alert! Help with route fault find please.

Post by Oop North John »

I don't use Tread to work out routes for my XT2, but if I do plan a route, usually when I'm a few miles from home and want to go there, ignoring a previously planned route, then this can have the faster vs fastest problem routing querk. That is, the XT2 chooses faster roads over the route that would take the shortest time, which sounds like one possibility for your strange routing options.

The XT has the same querk and I have seen it wanting me to do this type of route < when going across the ends via minor roads was tens of minutes quicker.
Dutchgixxer
Been liked: 5 times
Netherlands

Re: Newbie alert! Help with route fault find please.

Post by Dutchgixxer »

I have checked youre route in basecamp. Its looking fine. Tread app as a route making tool is well crap. Use MRA or basecamp export youre route as a track. Convert it on your XT2 to a route and it will work