BASECAMP AND XT2

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Oop North John
Subscriber
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 52 times
Great Britain

Re: BASECAMP AND XT2

Post by Oop North John »

jfheath wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:43 am Did you sort this out @Oop North John ?

I forgot to say that Current,gpx seems to store most things currently available from the XTs screens. It is safe to delet but needs a reboot to create a new empty one. My instruction above would have deleted it anyway, but I didn't mention it specifically.

Anything not stored in there can be deleted from the Xt2 screen
It seems to have cured itself. Not sure if it's me doing something different, or the XT2, or Basecamp. Or maybe a combination of all three!
jfheath
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 750 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I am currently trying to get video evidence of the XT2 or Tread changing the route / ignoring the shaping points. Each time I do it on video, it fails to show the fault. Then I do it without video it shows the fault. Then I do it again without video, it shows a similar fault but in a different place.

I discovered last thing last night that it was something to do with the timing. Probably the random (?) amount of time that it takes to synchronise fully.

Or maybe, and this is definitely my favourite theory, it was my choice of expletives that I uttered in frustration on the penultimate attempt. It needed something that turned the air blue.

Whatever - glad your issue is sorted.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Oop North John
Subscriber
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 52 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

And your post sums up the frustrations when there's so many variables, having variable influences / timing.

The only consistency is it inconsistency! :oops: