ZUMO XT2 - 3 months in

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
jfheath
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 736 times
Great Britain

Re: ZUMO XT2 - 3 months in

Post by jfheath »

I'll double check - but that is not what I observed on my XT yesterday.

The tracks were immediately put into the track app - without me importing them. As if on start-up after transferring by USB cable using both windows file manager and BC transfers - the Zumo looks at the files - it know that there are new routes to import for example at this point. I didn't import, buth the tracks had been imported and removed from the files at this stage.

So:
And the tracks were not available for import.
When I checked the file that had only tracks, that file had been deleted.
When I checked the file that contained tracks and routes and waypoints, the lines relating to the track had gone.

But - I'll see if the same thing happens again later today. The above was all internal storage. It didn't happen with any gpx files placed on the SD card - either placed by Windows file manager or sent by Basecamp.

It did the same thing on my 595 as well !
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Javelin16
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Belgium

Post by Javelin16 »

jfheath wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:12 pm Tracks. Imported automatically to Tracks - from the contents of any GPX file. Once imported, the relevant lines containing track data is removed from the files.
I can confirm this for the XT2. After a gpx file containing a route, a track and POIs is copied in the folder GPX of the internal memory, as soon as the XT2 is disconnected, and before any voluntary import, the track is imported automatically and the track data is removed from the gpx file in the GPX folder of the XT2! Garmin software engineers are doing very strange things...
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 333 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

jfheath wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:27 am The tracks were immediately put into the track app - without me importing them. As if on start-up after transferring by USB cable using both windows file manager and BC transfers - the Zumo looks at the files - it know that there are new routes to import for example at this point. I didn't import, buth the tracks had been imported and removed from the files at this stage.

So:
And the tracks were not available for import.
When I checked the file that had only tracks, that file had been deleted.
When I checked the file that contained tracks and routes and waypoints, the lines relating to the track had gone.
Confirmed. I sure don't remember it working this way. Regardless, John, you made a comment the comment "It didn't happen with any gpx file" for which I didn't understand its context. I copied a gpx file from my HD to internal storage. That file contained both a route and a track. The track was auto-imported. Is that contrary to what you see?
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 736 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Apologies. I have corrected that statement. I missed the last part of my sentence ... placed in the SD card ...

But - I'll see if the same thing happens again later today. The above was all internal storage. It didn't happen with any gpx files placed on the SD card - either placed by Windows file manager or sent by Basecamp.

Thanks for spotting that !
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Javelin16
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Belgium

Post by Javelin16 »

Javelin16 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:40 am I can confirm this for the XT2. After a gpx file containing a route, a track and POIs is copied in the folder GPX of the internal memory, as soon as the XT2 is disconnected, and before any voluntary import, the track is imported automatically and the track data is removed from the gpx file in the GPX folder of the XT2!
Here are the two gpx files (the gpx from MRA that was copied to the internal memory of the XT2 and the gpx file from the internal memory of the XT2 after the automatic track import when the XT2 is started after the transfer.
Essai POI inclusion (1)MRAInit.gpx
(15.04 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Essai POI inclusion (1)XT2.gpx
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 307 times