Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
FrankB
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 131 times
Netherlands

Re: Calimoto GPX Route that works for Garmin XT

Post by FrankB »

@jfheath Excellent as usual.
Just one remark about 'wireless transfer'. If you dont want to pollute your email (like me). Just hit the Download button in MRA app, and then Export. The Garmin Drive App will pick it up, and send it to the Zumo. A copy is saved in 'Downloads' on your phone should you ever want to resend it.
(I dont have an English phone at hand, so the exact wording could be different)
jfheath
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 727 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thanks Frank.

I mentioned that was possible if working on the smartphone app, but I was unable to go into any detail. I do have the app, but using it is far too hit and miss for me with glasses and enormous thumbs and fingers for a little screen. I avoid using the Ipad for this as well for the same reason - even though it is significantly larger than a phone. But I haven't even bothered trying to get the gpx file from MRA to drive on the same device. So thank you for adding in that snippet.

For those that have fingers and eyesight that can cope, your method is much more convenient. I missed that branch of the evolutionary tree ! I have stubby fingers specially designed to play fuzzy guitar chords.

I find the email option in MRA is not working well for me. The first file that it creates comes through pretty quickly. Subsequent ones take much, much longer or often do not arrive at all. I just create a gpx file and use my own email client to send it on.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
FrankB
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 131 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

@jfheath Hi John, I dont think i'm that much different when it comes to glasses and size of fingers :D
You could use MyrouteApp in a browser on PC/Laptop to create/modify routes, and use the App on the phone/Ipad just for tranferring the routes/tracks to the XT.
Omobono
Been liked: 1 time
Italy

Post by Omobono »

Absolutely wonderful post jfheath!!
Thank you so much for your help!!