Working with route names

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Rofor
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 60 times
Austria

Re: Working with route names

Post by Rofor »

raesewell wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:32 pm Thank you for your reply, I don't have the "Show on map" option but it displays on the map anyway.
If you don't have the 'Show on Map' button, you're connected to Garmin Explore! With this connection, you're not be able to display single tracks, only a collection of them via Garmin Explore!

You can either disconnect your Zumo XT from Explore or you must use the Explore app or the Explore website to put the needed track in one of your collections and then make this collection to be shown on the map! Both possibility's are well-documented in @jfheaths great 'manual' for the Zumo XT and his companion software Basecamp, Garmin Drive app and Garmin Explore. You can access it here: viewtopic.php?t=1464
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
raesewell
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Post by raesewell »

Thank you, yes I am connected to Explore. I'll play around with it.
jfheath
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 675 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

When Explore is set up, you cannot show an individual track on a map

Instead, you have to make a collection visible. And the track WILL belong to a collection - even if it is 'Unorganised'.

Where To->Explore->Spanner->Collections on Map then tick / untick the collections that you want to show or hide.

'Show a collection on the map' makes everything that belongs in that collection visible.

Hint - you cannot create a collection using the Zumo XT screen. It is a good idea to have a few empty collections already named, so that you can use them if you wish to. You can assign tracks and waypoints to a collection or a number of collections once the collection has been created on the Explore Website.

app.php/ZXT-P57 and subsequent pages.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
raesewell
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Post by raesewell »

Thank you for your input, I think I have the hang of it now.