New Firmware for Zumo XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 727 times
Great Britain

Re: New Firmware for Zumo XT

Post by jfheath »

Ferdinando wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:50 pm does anyone has a firmware file to download to restore a zumo xt of a friend of mine?
Please, help me!
Thanks to all
Hi @Ferdinando - I only have what is on my own XT - so I can't offer anything more than you have already. Unless the XT that you bought a couple of years ago has died as well ?
Ferdinando wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:29 pm Hi guys, I have a zumo xt since March 2020
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Ferdinando
Has liked: 2 times
Italy

Post by Ferdinando »

Thanks for your response, luckily my Zumo xt is OK, but in my pc I haven't the file .update to help my friend, because I updated always via OTA the mine.
So I asked here because I haven't other friends that's have the Zumo xt.
If you have the firmware file, and you want/can help me, please, can you send me the it?

Thank you so much
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I don't remember seeing a .update file, but if I had, I couldn't send it - it's illegal to copy software.

But have you tried setting it back to the previous version. Either on your friends or on yours ?

You have to boot the XT into the BIOS - before the system software is loaded. One of the options is to go back to the previous version. You could then update the XT using Garmin Express - which might give you the file you need. I don't know.

Some info about this here.

app.php/ZXT-P85
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Ferdinando
Has liked: 2 times
Italy

Post by Ferdinando »

To recovery it's needed to have the file B348400.update, that I'm searching
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

That link describes where that can be found on a pc.

But Express puts it there. So you need to update your Zumo using Express. For that to work, you need to roll back to the previous version of the system software. Which you should be able to do from that pre-boot screen.

As I said in the post in the link above - I could not get my .signed version of update to work. But someone else on this forum followed those instructions and it worked for them.

But I am out of my depth here. I've tried it. Rollback worked. update from an sd card failed for me.

Note the warning at the top of the linked page. Your risk.

Edit - I have just rolled my Zumo XT back to software version 6.50.
Rebooted and used express to install v6.60. Confirmed that it was installed.
Then checked the instructions on the page linked above and that pointed to the B348400.update file - which was different from what I obtaine dlast time (update.B348400.signed). That did not work.

So there is the update file that you were after. Up to you to see if it works using the pre-boot menu with the update file on the SD card.