Tread Changes Exisiting Routes - Shaping Point Issues

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
proofresistant
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Germany

Re: Tread Changes Exisiting Routes - Shaping Point Issues

Post by proofresistant »

I'm glad that I have good, quickly comprehensible examples based on my _Tread_Shaping_Point_Issue_Guide

Inspired by your last comments, I have now completely ignored my XT2.

Test 1:
Imported the "rt_WK_Tyre_BCcalcCN_11_ShpPts.gpx" (route with shaping points) directly into the Tread app
Result 1:
Immediately (very quickly) the sharpening points were shifted

Test 2 Step 1:
imported the "rt_WK_Tyre_BCcalcCN_11_ViaPts.gpx" (route with via points) directly into the Tread app
Result 2 Step 1:
Everything looked fine.
Test 2 Step 2:
rt_WK_Tyre_BCcalcCN_11_ViaPts.gpx manipulated by me in the Tread app.
I converted all via points from the end to the beginning into sharpening points.
Result 2 Step 2:
With the first changes the sharpening points were slightly shifted and with the last change (first of the route) the route was clearly changed.

I hope this helps.

PS
Manipulating the routes in advance as my route planning task in the Tread app until they work is definitely not a reasonable option.

PPS
I can live with the fact that BC is no longer compatible with the XT2 or tread app, as BC cannot, among other things, generate different route algorithms between the VIA points.
But the XT2 or Tread app at least has to support GPX files, no matter where they come from and in principle no matter which maps they are based on. As far as I'm concerned, XT2 or Tread App should recalculate, but leave the via or sharpening points as they are.
proofresistant
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Germany

Post by proofresistant »

So, I now have a second example to try out with the route “rt_NL_Rat_BC_ShpPts.gpx”.

This “rt_NL_Rat_BC_ShpPts.gpx” also reliably causes me issues in relation to the Tread app.

In the example, I can't even open this route in the Zumo XT2 when I import “rt_NL_Rat_BC_ShpPts.gpx” via the Tread app :-(
After the route has arrived in the Zumo XT2 via the Tread app, I can't even open it in the Zumo XT2. After opening it, the screen hangs with the message (freely translated) “Route is being calculated. 0%”.

If I import the same route “rt_NL_Rat_BC_ShpPts.gpx” via SD card into the Zumo XT2, the route can be opened and calculated in the Zumo XT2 without any problems.

It is noticeable that this route, even if it works perfectly in the XT2, then also appears in the Tread app, where it can also be opened, but cannot be used / calculated as a route there.
However, the fact that the tread app cannot calculate the route has the added benefit that the tread app cannot destroy it either :-)
Attachments
rt_NL_Rat_BC_ShpPts.gpx
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
jfheath
Has liked: 356 times
Been liked: 757 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thanks - So just so I am reading this correctly.

"When you import it Via the Tread App" - Does that mean that you import the gpx file as it is - using the option in the tread app to load in the gpx file?
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC