Getting music on to my xt

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Waynek1200rs
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Getting music on to my xt

Post by Waynek1200rs »

Hi all,

I have just back to motorbiking after a 13 year gap and things have moved on as they do.

My bike coms set up is like this.

Zumo xt. Cardo pack talk bold and my Samsung A13.

I have amazon music app on my phone with the amazon music app with my purchased albums on it. So how can I get to play and control my music when on the move by using the zumo screen?

Can I download my music from my phone or computer to the zumo? I don't want to use my phones data when on the move hence why I want to download if possible. I'm not a computer geek, but can do the simple stuff if required the get it done.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 413 times
Been liked: 229 times
Great Britain

Re: Getting music on to my xt

Post by Stu »

Hi and welcome to the forum

If you can download the music then the best solution might be to put it all on an SD card and put that in the Zumo and control it from there
Waynek1200rs
Great Britain

Post by Waynek1200rs »

Yes I did wonder if that's what was required, I did connect my zumo via usb cable to PC and did try that, but doesn't seem to work, but I will try a different way.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 413 times
Been liked: 229 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Waynek1200rs wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:49 am Yes I did wonder if that's what was required, I did connect my zumo via usb cable to PC and did try that, but doesn't seem to work, but I will try a different way.
if you have an SD card already in the zumo then I believe you will have to open the SD card through the file explorer then add music to that

I think you need to create a folder called MP3 or something like that

You don't have to do it that way there are other ways to get the music to play but the less connections you have the better
jfheath
Has liked: 356 times
Been liked: 757 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Stu wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:03 am
if you have an SD card already in the zumo then I believe you will have to open the SD card through the file explorer then add music to that

I think you need to create a folder called MP3 or something like that

You don't have to do it that way there are other ways to get the music to play but the less connections you have the better
A folder called MP3 (It may have to be in Capital letters) can be placed in the root of Internal Storage or on the SD card. Or both.

You can place folders and subfolders withing the MP3 folder -
eg MP3 / Artist Name / Album Name / trackname.mp3

This may make it easier to manage the music files for you, but the XT's MP3 player takes no notice of your folder structure. It searches through all of the mp3 files that are on both the SD card and internal storage. It picks up the track name from the mp3 tags that are stored with each track and you can select All songs, Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlist and alphabetically by track name. If tracks have image files associated with them (say from Windows Media Player or from Apple iTunes, they can be copied along with the tracks and will then show up ont he MP3 player screen.

You can edit the MP3 tags in Media Player or iTunes before transfer, or simply download the images and tags from the internet. Internet Data isn't always correct, sometimes wrongly assigning the information from a similar CD.

It isn't obvious when the XT actually creates its own list from the contents of your MP3 folders, but you may experience some slow response, or tracks not being present when you first try to play them. Give it chance to do whatever it needs to do. Transfer a couple of albums to start off with to see how it works, and then take it from there.

Playlists - You would need to create a short one first on the XT and see what the file format looks like. It may then be possible to build your own up from an existing playlist - but the list has to refer to the location of the mp3 files on your XT. You cannot simply copy an exisiting playlist file. At least, I don't think so.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Waynek1200rs
Great Britain

Post by Waynek1200rs »

Thanks I will have to get a 3 year old to show me 😁
Waynek1200rs
Great Britain

Post by Waynek1200rs »