Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
pangasuis
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

didnt turn on.

Post by pangasuis »

hi,
so iv just been out for pizza and got there all fine and when got back on to go home the sat nav didnt turn on at all. its hard wired into my bike with ignition so it always comes on when i turn ignition on. this time nothing happened.
i got home and plugged it into the pc and still nothing. i held the button in for awhile and still nothing. i pressed the botton loads of times and it turned on?

is my unit going faulty again? :? :?
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Re: didnt turn on.

Post by Peobody »

I would plug it into a USB wall charger overnite and then try again. I'm not sure if a USB port on a PC supplies adequate charging which is why I suggest a USB charger. If that works then it may have become fully discharged due to a fault in the mount or wiring harness.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
pangasuis
Great Britain

Post by pangasuis »

its fully charged, and came on wen i prressed the botton on the back lots of times. it didnt need to be plugged into anything, its always at full charge and still is.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

Sorry...Misunderstood...Don't have a clue what the problem might be.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 744 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Not normal.

When did you buy it ? These units have a 2 year guarantee. Get in touch with Garmin they may recognise it as a fault and replace it by return of post.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
pangasuis
Great Britain

Post by pangasuis »

i got it just over a year ago, they already replaced it once because my first unit was ghosting and they replaced it in august.
pangasuis
Great Britain

Post by pangasuis »

Peobody wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:44 pm Sorry...Misunderstood...Don't have a clue what the problem might be.
no need to be sorry, thank you for trying to help ;)
jfheath
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 744 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

pangasuis wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:29 am i got it just over a year ago, they already replaced it once because my first unit was ghosting and they replaced it in august.
It doesn't matter, the remaining part of the guarantee is still valid. I would still discuss it with them. Unlike software faults, the front desk staff seem to be able to authorise a reconditioned unit. Ive had three over the years, and each time the replacement came back with new screen, the body looked brand new and the firmware was later versions than my original (not just the software that people often refer to as firmware - the permanently installed software for the various hardware devices like BT, MP3 etc). They always come back by return of post.
On another occasion, my guarantee had recently expired, and i had to send a cheque with the faulty unit which had been replaced not long before. They had run out of replacement 550s. They sent me a complete brand new, boxed 660LM and returned my cheque.

I cannot praise enough this aspect of their customer service.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC