stuttering music when phone turned off

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Thrasherg
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

stuttering music when phone turned off

Post by Thrasherg »

My Zumo XT is paired to my Cardo Intercom (Packtalk bold) and my iPhone. I usually ride with my phone and listen to music and the system works perfectly (and has done for a year or more). This weekend I was on a 3 day off-road motorcycle ride and didn't have a charger for my phone with me, so decided to turn the phone off to save battery life. As soon as I turned off the phone, the music would play for a few seconds and then pause for a fraction of a second and then play for a few seconds, then pause for a fraction of a second, and it keeps doing this for hours. I decided it must be searching for the phone, so I turned the phone on and the music then played perfectly, but obviously the battery in the phone is getting flattened. After a while I turned the phone off and then told the XT to forget the device (my phone) in the Bluetooth menu. The music then played fine all weekend, however I have to re-pair the phone later on with the GPS..
I really don't want to have to pair and un-pair the phone every time I go dirt bike riding, is there another way to tell the XT to not search for the phone? I can turn off Bluetooth, but then it wont see my intercom, so I won't hear any music.. Just hoping there is a simple way to stop the music pausing every few seconds when my phone is out of range or turned off.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Gary
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 318 times
United States of America

Re: stuttering music when phone turned off

Post by Peobody »

On the XT, turn off (unticK) "Media Audio" in the Bluetooth options for the phone. It will then not look to the phone for music. FWIW, I did this and then put music on the XT because it annoyed me that the XT prompted me to start music every time it connected to the phone.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Thrasherg
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: stuttering music when phone turned off

Post by Thrasherg »

Many thanks, I don't have any music on the phone, so that should be a great solution.

regards Gary