How to tell age of my unit?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Shaunzumouk
Great Britain

How to tell age of my unit?

Post by Shaunzumouk »

Hi.

I have 2 XTs both of which were bought at different times.

Is there anyway in which I can tell which is the older unit or which has the better 'battery health' ? I am looking to sell one of them but I think one still has warranty so I'd rather keep that one obviously.

Thanks
jfheath
Has liked: 356 times
Been liked: 757 times
Great Britain

Re: How to tell age of my unit?

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forums from West Yorkshire @Shaunzumouk !

In the UK, these devices have a two year guarantee. Very few of them came into the country before mid-April 2020, so they are lilely still under guarantee - that is determined by your receipt date.

Other than that, the serial number on the back may give you a clue - unless you have had a replacement unit issued.

Also the hardware version In Settings->Device->About may give you a clue - comparing the settings for each device - see also other items in that menu.

There is no guarantee of any of that though. The earlier one may have been bought last, having been on the shelves in a shop for a long time.

Or you could phone up the help desk at Garmin. They may be able to tell you.
Personally, I'd keep the one with the later hardware and GPS / BT Firmware - and hope that is the one that still has he remaining guarantee.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC