Is it the Zumo XT or my bluetooth

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 747 times
Great Britain

Re: Is it the Zumo XT or my bluetooth

Post by jfheath »

Ok - yes - there is a difference. But the options in Settings on the iPod for notifications seem to be much better organised than they are on the Android. The apple has a full list of apps and settings for that that can be turned on and off - all in one place. The android seems to me to be not as well orgainised - and such settings are made by switching between the list of apps and the settings in notifications.

This may be whey Drive provides a separate filter before it sends stuff to the XT.
Whatever, whenever email notifications appear on the Ipad, it also appears on the XT, and it builds up a notification history - assuming that the XT was on when the notification was sent. I cant test messages and calls as I haven't fitted a Sim card to it. I use data on my smartphone and set it as a hot spot if I'm ever needing to use wifi away from a decent signal.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
steve1960
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by steve1960 »

Just a quick update,since i unpaired the phone from the helmet and paired the phone to the XT all still seems good,nice long ride today,text and emails coming up on the XT gps instructions work as they should,not that i get that many…ie cutting out the music and most importantly returning the music,not had any phone calls yet while riding,luckily enough i dont get many of them either 😁but i guess it will work ok…..

Thanks for your help one and all

Steve
Steve

Garmin Zumo XT

Honda Forza 750 DCT👍
jcp
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jcp »

To bring this back to the top....today I had to update my IOS to 16.1 for other reasons and now I find myself with no voice guidance during navigation and no voice Messages. Messages will display in script on the screen and I get an audio tone through the Sena that a message has arrived, but Siri no longer speaks them.I've been through the settings of the iPhone and cannot find any setting that I think should be turned on that isn't. I have read all the threads on this and realize I'm not alone with this problem, but has anyone made any progress to solve this?
jfheath
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 747 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

jcp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:39 am To bring this back to the top....today I had to update my IOS to 16.1 for other reasons and now I find myself with no voice guidance during navigation and no voice Messages. Messages will display in script on the screen and I get an audio tone through the Sena that a message has arrived, but Siri no longer speaks them.I've been through the settings of the iPhone and cannot find any setting that I think should be turned on that isn't. I have read all the threads on this and realize I'm not alone with this problem, but has anyone made any progress to solve this?
It maybe that your phone has connected to your Sena headset instead of to the XT for sounds. If it showing messages, then it has connected to the drive app ok, but that is through a different channel for data.

Check that the audio is coming through the XT and not going straight to the Sena. You've updated your iOS, so maybe the pairings have not been made properly.

Make sure that Drive is running on your phone and that XT recognises that it is connected.
Pair your Sena headset with the XT. Make sure you can hear sounds through your Sena headset from the XT. Play Music or activate a route or enable keyboard clicks.
Check the volumes on the volume mixer on the XT. Check the mute button.
Now pair the phone to the XT.

Check the BT settings for each connected device on the XT.
For ios, Drive does not cintrol the notification settings. The are all controlled by ios in Settings->Notifications. You probably know that already. On the Androids there are two places to look - Drive and the phone settings for notifications.

I wrote this a long time ago, which illustrates the process. The example is for a 590 and an android, but the ideas are the same, and the screen shots are similar.

Garmin Connect and its aerial icon are what the 590 had before Drive was developed for the XT
viewtopic.php?t=520
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

I use a Cardo Packtalk Bold and have found that I must tell my iPhone to forget about the Cardo connection before I ride. Configuring and updating the Cardo uses a Cardo app on the phone so it requires creating the bluetooth connection, doing whatever you need to do via the app, and then telling the phone to forget about the Cardo connection so that it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Sena may require the same process.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jcp
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by jcp »

Peobody wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:18 pm I use a Cardo Packtalk Bold and have found that I must tell my iPhone to forget about the Cardo connection before I ride. Configuring and updating the Cardo uses a Cardo app on the …..
Thanks, I’ll check that (Sena is the same).