ZUMO XT pairing with N-Com B601X

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Dalriada1912
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

ZUMO XT pairing with N-Com B601X

Post by Dalriada1912 »

Has anyone tried pairing a Garmin Zumo XT with the Nolan N-Com B601X? Although I can get it to pair after a fashion, I can only get instructions from the GPS but no music. All firmware is up to date. Any suggestions?
lkraus
Subscriber
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 140 times
United States of America

Re: ZUMO XT pairing with N-Com B601X

Post by lkraus »

Usually the XT should be paired as a phone instead of a GPS if you want to use the music player. That enables the A2DP Bluetooth profile which allows stereo music. Pairing as a GPS usually results in a mono Hands Free profile. Try clearing the pairings and start over.
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Dalriada1912 »

Thanks, you're a lifesaver. I had noted that I got both music and instructions when paired as the primary phone but not as the secondary phone. The instruction manual is quite clear that the GPS should only be connected as the secondary phone. I assumed that this was going to be a major issue. I had contacted the dealer, the importer and Garmin and none of them could suggest a solution. In short, the manual is wrong. In this case the old saying should be, "when all else fails, IGNORE the instructions"
Thanks again for your advice which I shall pass on.
Matad1974
Italy

Post by Matad1974 »

So what exactly steps did you take? Thanks, I'm in the same situation as you... Do you now receive both music and GPS info from the XT?