A question about roadworks

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
raesewell
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Re: A question about roadworks

Post by raesewell »

Thank you for your reply. The road must have been reported as closed as my mates Tomtom knew the road was closed. On my XT there was no road closure shown the route just went straight through the closed road. So I followed the Diversion signs until they disappeared and abandoned us. I just abandoned the route and headed for our next stop which in this case was a petrol station just before our destination.
jfheath
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 678 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I have found that even when it has reported a road closure, the location has not always been precise enough to warrant any action.
eg the A6 was flagged as closed on onne of my routes - but my route was not going through the point where the road closure was.

On another occasion there was a symbol on the map which showed the road closure precisely, and the XT routed around it. Which is good. But the previous experiences means that I rarely trust them.

But with the Drive App, the info should be as up to date as any other units. Clearly not.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
raesewell
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Post by raesewell »

I don't know whether to learn to live with it or not, the XT has a lot of great features and I like it, I have yet to sell my Tomtom Rider 550 so I might hang on to it for a while longer before making a final decision. I use the Tomtom Go app on my phone so I suppose that could be a backup. What a faff though :roll:
FrankB
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 130 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

I like Google Maps. The info is up to date. Last weekend we had 6 road blocks, all of them could be found on Google Maps.

See this post, how to load routes and tracks in Google Maps:

viewtopic.php?t=1965