Basecap needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
ND FRMBOY
United States of America

Basecap needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled

Post by ND FRMBOY »

Every time I want to use basecamp I have to uninstall then reinstall it in order to get it to open. I'm running the latest version of windows 11. Whenever I click on the shortcut it opens a window that says "Modify Setup" and the only option is to "Uninstall". I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded the latest map along with basecamp and have my garmin 396 connected to my laptop and find it frustrating to have to reinstall it every time I use it. Any ideas? I'm so lost and I'm not even on the road yet.
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Re: Basecap needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled

Post by sussamb »

Are you sure that the shortcut is pointing at the BaseCamp exe file and not the installation file? This is normally the cause of this issue.
ND FRMBOY
United States of America

Post by ND FRMBOY »

Pretty sure it is pointing to the installation file and I have no clue as to how to change it. Forgive me, I'm older than dirt. :roll:
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

If the shortcut you are using is in the Start menu, stop reading and post a reply stating as much.

If the shortcut you are using is on the desktop, try using the one in the Start menu (Start > Garmin > BaseCamp). Ignore the one that says BaseCamp (2D only).
If the Start menu shortcut works, you can replace the one on the desktop with a copy of the one in the Start menu.
Here's how:
1. Right click on the BaseCamp desktop shortcut then click Delete. Answer Yes to the prompt about moving it to the Recycle Bin
2. Drag-and-drop the BaseCamp shortcut from the Start menu to the desktop. This will place a copy of it on the desktop.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

ND FRMBOY wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:46 pm Pretty sure it is pointing to the installation file and I have no clue as to how to change it. Forgive me, I'm older than dirt. :roll:
Then that is the issue as I suspected. See @Peobody comment above to resolve it.
ND FRMBOY
United States of America

Post by ND FRMBOY »

Thank you. With your help I was able to resolve my issues. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Great, I'll close this thread