How to delete “next stop” from active route?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
ZebcoKid
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

How to delete “next stop” from active route?

Post by ZebcoKid »

Good afternoon.

I’m just back from a ride to the Mt. Lassen area in California. Along the way, I might choose to add a particular location to my route. As an example, I might choose to insert a gas station along the way.

I then decide that I want to check out a lava flow, and I set that as next stop. Then I add something else….then I develop a new plan.

Here’s my question….is there a place to see the active route that I have built on the fly, and change the order, or delete some of the stops/destinations, without starting over?

Thank you.

David
ZebcoKid
United States of America

Re: How to delete “next stop” from active route?

Post by ZebcoKid »

Hello All,

I'm surprised there hasn't been a reply to this. It seems like such a basic need...sort of a real life how we add and delete places while exploring. I simply don't see how to do the deleting on an active route. I have no problem adding...but the deleting is a mystery.

I did come across this...which is the same issue. No answers though. Perhaps someone has a better idea?
viewtopic.php?t=1383

Thanks again.

David
lkraus
Subscriber
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 139 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

While following the route, tap the three-dot menu at the lower right of the map screen, tap "Edit Route" at the middle top, tap "Skip Next Destination".

Or, in Trip Planner, load the route, scroll to the appropriate route point, click the text description (NOT the icon), tap the trash can, (re)start the route.

Both methods will recalculate the entire route, be sure your route building includes ample via and shaping points so the deletions do not destroy the main route.

More details here: app.php/ZXT-P35

EDIT: If you skip destinations frequently, you can add buttons to the map screen to immediately skip the next via point, or to jump directly to the Edit Route screen. From the map screen, tap the three dot menu, tap the wrench, tap the "+", select the desired tool. IF you have any of the three buttons onscreen already, you can just press and hold to edit the buttons.
Last edited by lkraus on Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United States of America

Post by ZebcoKid »

Hi Ikraus,

Thank you for the reply.

A comment and question:

The “next” might not be the one I want to eliminate.

So in “Trip Planner,” I can load the current (active) route?

Kindly,

David
lkraus
Subscriber
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 139 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

ZebcoKid wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:41 pm So in “Trip Planner,” I can load the current (active) route?
Yes, you are basically starting over, selecting the route and picking a different point to be your next destination. After deleting the stop, "Closest Entry point" will usually be the desired point to re-start the route.

I was adding a bit more to my earlier post while you were replying...
United States of America

Post by ZebcoKid »

Thank you. I’ll start playing with your suggested solutions. I’m much obliged.

David
ZebcoKid
United States of America

Post by ZebcoKid »

Good evening, Ikraus.

I came home from work and tested the option you described.

So, it turns out that you can keep adding stops to your active route. The way you access it in the way we’ve been discussing is to back out of the active route go into Apps,Trip Planner, Saved Trips (which is interesting because it’s not saved), Then select My Active Route, from there, there’s all sorts of things you can do, from save, to reorder, to add additional locations, etc.

I think it’s not the most intuitive path for this function, but it works. I imagine they have or will improve it in a future hardware or software upgrade.

Thank you for your help on this.

Kindly,

David