Radar detector compatible with Zumo XT2

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Smbuelna
United States of America

Radar detector compatible with Zumo XT2

Post by Smbuelna »

Is anyone aware of a radar detector for that would be compatible with the Zumo XT2 such that alerts display on the Zumo?
Zumek
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times
Poland

Re: Radar detector compatible with Zumo XT2

Post by Zumek »

But Zumo XT alerts itself about it. At least here in Europe… Don’t know how it works in your country.
lkraus
Subscriber
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 139 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

The XT displays the speed limit and will alert if the current speed is over the limit. The limit is part of the map data and is not available for all roads or maps.

I understand that some European countries have stationary speed cameras and the XT uses a database of those locations to alert the rider. Unmanned, stationary, speed cameras are uncommon here and are illegal in many states. I don't think there is a database of their locations available for the North American XT.

Radar detectors flash or sound an alert when they detect active law enforcement speed measurement devices which are usually handheld or mounted on a patrol car.

As far as I know, the XT has no provision to receive or display an alert from any radar detector.
United States of America

Post by Smbuelna »

Thank you. It was wishful thinking. It would be. Nice feature to have a heads up on the display that alerts to the presence of police. Kinda like Waze or Google maps does.
AugustFalcon
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by AugustFalcon »

lkraus wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:10 pm ...I understand that some European countries have stationary speed cameras and the XT uses a database of those locations to alert the rider. Unmanned, stationary, speed cameras are uncommon here and are illegal in many states. I don't think there is a database of their locations available for the North American XT...
Garmin offers a Speed camera database for my XT2 here in the U.S.A. Don't know if the database covers the U.S.A. but I suspect it does. My XT used to remind me of its availability on start-up. I seem to also recall the XT2 doing so but it didn't when I just started it up from cold.

I run TomTom Go on my cellphone as a check on the XT2 and its database does have speed camera locations built in. It saved my butt on my last multi-day trip along secondary roads. I went through a School Zone that had at least 6 cameras, three on each lane. The speed limit was 20 mph! My bet is 5 over would have earned me some unwelcome U.S. Mail.

Ahh, here's the link showing Garmin "Safety Camera" coverage in the U.S.A.: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=D ... tab=topics

Looks like you can buy the subscription through the Garmin Express app.