Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Plainmad
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Map gone

Post by Plainmad »

All,

I think i know the answer to this but i'm putting it out in the hope it's something else

My Zumo XT came up saying there there was an map update so no problem. Plugged it into a power outlet and let its run. Come back to it to find it saying that there has been an issue with the update and its failed. No problem as its done this before recently and i then run the update again and its fine.
Today however I decided to plug it into Garmin Express and let it run that way. However after so long it then just says some changes not applied. So i went to try it on the device itself but it's now saying i have the most upto date maps.
When i plug it into Garmin express it seems I have to manual install it to say i want the maps and i think that the device has removed that it ever had the maps on it.

I've got a nasty feeling that it's the usb connection because it takes a long time for the computer to connect to it and when i've previously tried to transfer files across it can weird out and then say the files aren't working.

So how do i get the maps back onto the Zumo? Is there a way to trick the device into thinking its got the maps on there but they need updating so i can run it directly on the wifi?
Or is there a fix for the express installer
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Re: Map gone

Post by sussamb »

Suggest you plug it into your PC, run Express and update your zumo over cable rather than WiFi. That really should work if you choose the reinstall map option.
Plainmad
Great Britain

Post by Plainmad »

That’s the problem though. I’ve tried that and it runs for so long before saying there has been an error
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

OK, then try the clone method explained here

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/39231
Plainmad
Great Britain

Post by Plainmad »

So i ordered a new usb cable off amazon last night. I don't know if it was the problem but today with the new cable when i tried to update it it's gone through fine!

So i have maps again! :D

Thanks for your help