Save created "Round Trip".

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Sean OZ
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 13 times
Australia

Save created "Round Trip".

Post by Sean OZ »

Tried out the create round trip function on the XT2 today. It did a good job! (2 hour round trip). Only thing that was annoying using this function, was that if the XT2 was tuned off for any reason, the calculated round trip will then not show again when the unit was turned back on.

Is it normal for the XT2 to seemingly auto delete any calculated round trips? Only way I could stop it vanishing was to not turn off the XT2 at any time. Anyone know of a way to stop the unit form deleting an in progress round trip, when unit it is temporarily shut off, stopping for fuel, coffee etc.

The round-trip function is not bad, when you just want to go for a short ride from any given point and return to the same starting point. Interesting at times also, to see what the unit comes up with as a suggested round trip. Saves you having to plot it out for yourself.

Yeah, lazy I know! but still fun for an unplanned adventure, which is the main thing when time is short, or trying to get a halfway decent ride in-between these endless squalls and showers, we are having on the Southern East Coast of Australia, for months now.

Thanks.
Zumo XT2
2020 Honda CB500X
Sometimes down, but never beaten. :-)
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Re: Save created "Round Trip".

Post by Peobody »

Sean OZ wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 am Anyone know of a way to stop the unit form deleting an in progress round trip, when unit it is temporarily shut off, stopping for fuel, coffee etc.
I have an XT. When stopping, it will maintain its route when it is allowed to go to sleep. It wakes up ready to continue on. Turning it off with the power button reboots it requiring a restart of a the route. Does the XT2 normally behave the same way but is behaving differently with the round trip function?
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Sean OZ
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 13 times
Australia

Post by Sean OZ »

Peobody wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:15 pm
Sean OZ wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 am Anyone know of a way to stop the unit form deleting an in progress round trip, when unit it is temporarily shut off, stopping for fuel, coffee etc.
I have an XT. When stopping, it will maintain its route when it is allowed to go to sleep. It wakes up ready to continue on. Turning it off with the power button reboots it requiring a restart of a the route. Does the XT2 normally behave the same way but is behaving differently with the round trip function?
When in "normal" routing mode, it will simply continue the previous route displayed. It's only when it's during a "round-trip" route that the Zumo will lose the route, when powered down by turning off the bike's ignition.
Zumo XT2
2020 Honda CB500X
Sometimes down, but never beaten. :-)
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

That's nuts!

If the XT2 works like the XT I suppose once your hit Go you could then go in Route Planner and save the active route, stop the active route, then load the saved version and start your ride.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 350 times
Been liked: 747 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

XT Answer. It may work for the XT2.

Round Trip creates a magenta line without route points. In effect it is like a track that has been converted to a trip - which will navigate you and find a way to return to the closest point should you deviate from the plotted line.

So - Create your round trip. Say Go / Start and select the start or closest entry point.
The magenta line is plotted, the route is active and its waiting for you to set off.
Press the return arrow to get back to the main menu.
Apps, Trip Planner (or is it route planner on the XT2), Saved Trips.
Select My Active Route. You get a warning about editing it - which immediately changes it back to a point to point route - so will take you striaght back to where you are.
Select 'Save'. Give it a name. Your new circular 'trip' is saved in trip planner.
Yes - it will lose it when it is turned off, but it is easy to reload - If part way through, select Closest Entre Point. If you have not yet set off, choose the start point.

edit - which (I have just noticed) - is exactly what Peobody said !
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC