Updating Basecamp maps

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Triplog
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Updating Basecamp maps

Post by Triplog »

I've seen this somewhere but can't find it now I need it! The UK/Northern Europe maps on my Basecamp are older than those on my new XT2. How do I update BC to the same map versions please ( trying to avoid any possible mismatch or recalcs when i transfer routes).
Thanks
lkraus
Subscriber
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 137 times
United States of America

Re: Updating Basecamp maps

Post by lkraus »

Connect your XT2 to the PC via USB. Run Garmin Express, selecting the XT2. Click "Map Details", then "Options" under the City Navigator map, then "Install to Computer".

The old maps will remain on the PC until you uninstall them like any other program (Settings>Apps).

If you can spare the storage space, there is an advantage to keeping an old map version on the computer. Switching to the old map, recalculating a route, switching back to the new map and recalculating again can prevent a certain type of error.

But I can't remember what that error is...
:?
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Updating Basecamp maps

Post by Triplog »

Thanks Ikraus - I think the error is renaming of certain Route points - but I think jfheath seemed to think that was sorted with an update to the XT2.

In the process of doing that now - I was looking in the wrong area in Express!

Thanks again.