595 Travel Edition Maps on the computer

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Re: 595 Travel Edition Maps on the computer

Post by Sleuth »

sussamb wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 am You can use TE versions with BaseCamp, but only with the device plugged in. The other alternative is to copy the maps to a SD card or memory stick and use that instead. Map files need to be placed in a folder named Garmin on the card/stick.
Perhaps a stupid question from someone who has had a number of years experience with Garmin.
But how do you actually copy the map-set (and make it work) to a USB drive?

Edit: I would like to plan for a trip to the States, as well as having a similar Europe map available.

Thanks
Sleuth
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)
sussamb
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 360 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

No such thing as a stupid question ;)

Copy the map file, will end in .img, to a folder named Garmin either on a card or stick.
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Post by Sleuth »

sussamb wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:16 pm No such thing as a stupid question ;)

Copy the map file, will end in .img, to a folder named Garmin either on a card or stick.
Hi Sussamb

Thanks very much for the info. I hoped it might be that easy, but usually things are not as easy as it appears! :D

Best regards
Sleuth
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)
Treve
Sweden

Post by Treve »

Halo.
I have a TE and try to copy the map so I can worke in BC without having my Z595 on. But I can´t find the map file. I have put my 595 into MSS mode and there are no file .img. I have the box "hiden objekts" checkt. I have tryed every singel map and can´t find the map file. I hate this TE. I did not knew there were that kind of edition when I bougt it.
Hope for help
Treve
Sweden

Post by Treve »

The total folder (F) Garmin zumo sise are 5,04 GB out of 9,24. The sise of the "Map-folder are just 15,3 kB!!!! The unit must hide the .img-fil somwere.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

They are in the hidden .system folder. You'll only see it if you set Windows to show system AND hidden files/folders
Treve
Sweden

Post by Treve »

Halo sussamb
Many thanks for your quick respons. I have found the .System. My goal is to copy the maps to a stick in order to use it when I "works" i BC. Do you knew if it´s just the "gmapprom.img" I copy to a "Garmin-folder" on the stick?

The latest Europe-map is now so big that they have divide it in to four or five regions. Is it possible to have two or tree "gmapprom.img in the same Garmin-folder. If "yes" - maybe I should give them different names - eg "gmapprom1.img"?

Is it even possible to have more than one "gmapprom.img" in the .system-folder in my ZumoTE?

Relay appreciate your help.
Treve
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Not sure how it works on your device but other maps are normally in a Folder named Map. I'm not sure either how the Travel Edition handles additional maps but if you search your device for .img files it should be obvious which are the map files