Racking up the numbers in the UK!

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
Neilsson
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Racking up the numbers in the UK!

Post by Neilsson »

Hello one and all.
jfheath
Has liked: 314 times
Been liked: 674 times
Great Britain

Re: Racking up the numbers in the UK!

Post by jfheath »

Hello @Neilsson

Would you care to tell us a little something about you and your Zumo ? Looking at the title of the post - what country people come from is not something that is of much concern on here - we speak Zumo and English on the forum. It's always good to see that the country flag has been set - purely so that we can adjust our comments to suite the maps and captions on the Zumo.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 312 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

Greetings @Neilsson. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina, USA.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Neilsson
Great Britain

Post by Neilsson »

jfheath wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:36 pm Hello @Neilsson

Would you care to tell us a little something about you and your Zumo ? Looking at the title of the post - what country people come from is not something that is of much concern on here - we speak Zumo and English on the forum. It's always good to see that the country flag has been set - purely so that we can adjust our comments to suite the maps and captions on the Zumo.
Darned if I didn’t just (fail to?) reply to your message.

Is it a moderated approval thing, or did I just have a ‘senior’ moment?

I’ll try again...

Eyup lad, though I'm not from Yorkshire, a little further North, Tyne and Wear. Yes, I know, stupid name for a county.

I ride a Triumph Street Triple, keep getting told it's a hooligan's bike, no doubt by folk who wonder what I'm doing on one at my age!

I've purchased a Zumo XT and am busy getting to grips with it. Being busy searching for answers to questions was how I found the forums.

Might try Basecamp, have used Tyre for years.
Neilsson
Great Britain

Post by Neilsson »

Peobody wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:00 pm Greetings @Neilsson. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina, USA.
Good morning, Peabody. I’m from England UK, a country smaller than North Carolina!
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 312 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

Neilsson wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:26 pm Good morning, Peabody. I’m from England UK, a country smaller than North Carolina!
:lol: Early on in my time on this forum I would post about multi-day, multi-thousand mile trips without a thought to the fact that a multi-thousand kilometer trip for you would require riding in circles, or zig-zagging across the country numerous times. It took me way to long to get perspective on that. I never stopped talking about multi-thousand mile trips, I just now do it with an understanding of how fortunate I am to be able to regularly do them with little effort.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 314 times
Been liked: 674 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thanks for that.

Zumo XT.

I have four pointers that may help you - 1 pdf document to download. 1 series of web pages to browse (XT), 2 video series.

If working with BC, the first link in my signature below - Zumo 590/5 & BC - is to do with using route planning tools (Basecamp) specifically for the Zumos, and the first two chapters are also relevant to the XT. Where there is a choice, the 595 is probably the same as the XT. The third chapter is worth scanning - the detail is often different for the XT, but the ideas are the same.

Page 28 of this document has a series of 12 videos which show how to use some of the techniques that I have described.

The second link in my sig Zumo XT & BC picks up the detail for use with the XT- I didn't repeat the detail of the first document.

But for a quick introduction to using Basecamp - I have 8 videos in a play list where I have take one topic and tried to cover it in less than 2 and a half minutes. I don't quite make it in a couple, but it is close !!

Zoom the YouTube window to full size, and then select the tool (the gear icon) to select the video quality. They are all recorded in full 1080 HD - but if your intenet connection is a little slow, it may take time to recognise that a higher resolution is possible. If you select 'View inYouTube' then you can see a list of the 8 videos ao that you can view them individually or out of sequence.

You'll find better presented videos on the web. Mine are focused on how to create a route that will work on the Zumo - using BC as a tool.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Neilsson
Great Britain

Post by Neilsson »

Peobody wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:47 pm
Neilsson wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:26 pm Good morning, Peabody. I’m from England UK, a country smaller than North Carolina!
:lol: Early on in my time on this forum I would post about multi-day, multi-thousand mile trips without a thought to the fact that a multi-thousand kilometer trip for you would require riding in circles, or zig-zagging across the country numerous times. It took me way to long to get perspective on that. I never stopped talking about multi-thousand mile trips, I just now do it with an understanding of how fortunate I am to be able to regularly do them with little effort.
I still think in miles, even though we were assimilated by the ‘metric system’ some years previous.
Miles per gallon, pounds and ounces in weight, even shillings in money at times!
I’d love to ride in the USA. Recently watched a Route 66 TV series by The Hairy Bikers. Biking AND food, what’s not to like!
Neilsson
Great Britain

Post by Neilsson »

jfheath wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:32 pm Thanks for that.

Zumo XT.

I have four pointers that may help you - 1 pdf document to download. 1 series of web pages to browse (XT), 2 video series.

If working with BC, the first link in my signature below - Zumo 590/5 & BC - is to do with using route planning tools (Basecamp) specifically for the Zumos, and the first two chapters are also relevant to the XT. Where there is a choice, the 595 is probably the same as the XT. The third chapter is worth scanning - the detail is often different for the XT, but the ideas are the same.

Page 28 of this document has a series of 12 videos which show how to use some of the techniques that I have described.

The second link in my sig Zumo XT & BC picks up the detail for use with the XT- I didn't repeat the detail of the first document.

But for a quick introduction to using Basecamp - I have 8 videos in a play list where I have take one topic and tried to cover it in less than 2 and a half minutes. I don't quite make it in a couple, but it is close !! For the first 20 seconds of a video YouTube shows it a bit out of focus. At 20 seconds (ish) it sorts itself out. That may be a streaming issue, I don't know. It is designed to be viewed full screen

You'll find better presented videos on the web. Mine are focused on how to create a route that will work on the Zumo - using BC as a tool.
Thank you very much, I'll check that out.
colirv
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by colirv »

Hi @Neilsson. I live in Washington (the original one) and have owned several Zumos, currently an XT. I use Basecamp a lot, and find it unbeatable once you've learnt to avoid its quirks!
Colin
BMW R1250RS
https://www.namrider.com