Problems loading map routes into a Zumo 590

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
gazzathehutt
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Problems loading map routes into a Zumo 590

Post by gazzathehutt »

Help! I am about to ride the Pacific Divide Trail from Canada to Mexico, using routes provided by GPSKevin (www.gpskevinadventurerides.com). GPSKevin provides his route maps on a microSD card for the Zumo 595, which I've loaded without a problem into my 595. I'm trying to load the maps into a second GPS, a Zumo 590, and the 590 just won't recognise the maps. GPSKevin provides the maps in three files: userdata.adm, userdata.gpx and gmapsupp.img. I've tried putting the files into the 590's memory and into a microSD card in the 590 and nothing works. Anybody have any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?
jfheath
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 754 times
Great Britain

Re: Problems loading map routes into a Zumo 590

Post by jfheath »

As far as I can remember, the gmapsupp.img file is often placed on the SD card (to keep internal storage space for other things). You can have only one gmapsupp.img file anywhere on the Zumo.

I cannot remember the location where it needs to be stored - but if it is working on your 595, then you already know.

Make sure that the new map is selected in Mymaps, and other routeable maps for the same area (if amy) or not selected.

The gpx file will be for the GPX folder - probably the routes, tracks and waypoints.

I dont know about the adm file. Maybe a text file with some instructions ???
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
sussamb
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 368 times
Great Britain

Re: Problems loading map routes into a Zumo 590

Post by sussamb »

Maps on a card have to be placed in a folder named Garmin, have you done that on both? Otherwise I can think of no reason why a map working in one device won't work in another unless there is a problem with the card.