ARE THERE ANY MAC USERS?

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Frogman1
United States of America

ARE THERE ANY MAC USERS?

Post by Frogman1 »

Are there any Mac users? Why can't both my laptop and desktop not see the XT2? It sees my Nav6 and old 550. It sees the XT2 with Garmin Express. But nothing comes up under "locations"? I've tried 10 different USB-C cables. Garmin has made this gps a pain to use.
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
Rob4570
United States of America

Re: ARE THERE ANY MAC USERS?

Post by Rob4570 »

I run a mac desktop with the OS Sonoma 14.6.1. Make sure that the Type C cable is both data and charge. A lot of the cables are charge only
Frogman1
United States of America

Post by Frogman1 »

Can you use Basecamp with your Mac and the XT2?
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
danham
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 94 times
United States of America

Post by danham »

Long-time Mac user here and I use Basecamp with my XT (not XT2) and can get as deep into its Android file system as I want using the free OpenMTP. From what I read here, all this works fine with the XT2, despite Garmin’s claim that BC is not compatible. Apparently, some features of the XT2 cannot be invoked by BC, but regular route planning works just fine.

Be sure you are using a USB cable that sends signal over all its wires and that you are not running Garmin Express in the background when trying to launch BC.

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE
Frogman1
United States of America

Post by Frogman1 »

Why doesn't my Mac mini or MacBook read the XT2. It does not show up under "Location"? Thus I can not transfer a route to the XT2? I tried 10 different USB-c cables, all with the same result.
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE