United States of America

This is Driving Me Nuts

Post by burtsr »

Here is my setup.

XT
Sena S50
2022 Honda Goldwing (Apple Car play)
Iphone

In Settings/Wireless Networks/Sena 50S v2.5 there is a box ‘Media Audio’. This box must be unchecked for Apple Car Play to be heard.

There is also a ‘Media Audio’ box in In Settings/Wireless Networks/Burt’s Phone. This box must also be unchecked for Apple Car Play to be heard.

For some unknown reason, SOMETIMES, with NO WARNING, one or both boxes will check themselves. When this happens my car play goes silent. I must go in, uncheck the box(s) then restart the XT. SOMETIMES when I restart the XT the boxes are rechecked, and I must do it all over again.

There is no rhyme or reason as to when this is going to happen. It’s driving me nuts.

Anyone have an answer for me?

Burt
raesewell
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Great Britain

Re: This is Driving Me Nuts

Post by raesewell »

This is driving me nuts said the man with a steering wheel down the front of his trousers.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

burtsr wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:58 am There is no rhyme or reason as to when this is going to happen. It’s driving me nuts.

Anyone have an answer for me?
I don't. The same thing happens to me. My setup is an XT, iPhone, & Cardo Packtalk Bold. I find myself having to check my connections and setting before every ride. Sometimes the Media Audio & Phone calls checkboxes stay as the should, often times not. Most times the Garmin Drive app automatically connects to the XT, but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes iPhone Smart Notifications connect automatically, but mostly they don't and I have to re-pair, which the requires that I go into the iPhone and "forget" the previous zumo paired devices. It is a contast battle.

Recently I discovered that I can not hear music playing on the XT music player in my Cardo headset. I have checked volume settings but don't have a clue where to start troubleshooting beyond that so am expecting to have to do the 'disconnect > forget > pair > configure' dance.
Edit: Found the problem. Media Audio was off in the XT for the Packtalk.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Mzokk
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by Mzokk »

Sorry I'm an Android bod but with my Pactalk Bold I connect the Bold and the phone to the XT but not to my phone the XT wants to be the Bluetooth Hub. My Africa Twin has Android Auto and if I Turn my Bold on Turn my XT on then turn the bike on (again the phone and the Bold are connected to the bike but the bold is NOT connected to the phone) I can hear directions from Google maps (XTMuted) or the XT (no directions from AA). The handy thing is I have music on my phone that plays through Musicolet App and I also have spotify. When I use music (selected through AA) Tracks display at the bottom of the XT and I can use the AT left hand switch gear to change tracks etc. The only problem relates to answering phone calls. Both AA and the XT want to be the Hub for bluetooth devices and it can take up to 30 secs for them to negotiate which is going to handle an incoming call. My wife knows about this and waits others need to be called back. Failing that if you just connect the phone and packtalk to the XT and delete the connections to the Honda everything is fine Or if you delete the connections to the XT and just connect the bold and phone to AA everything is fine. Obviously if you do this you can still have visual navigation from the XT.
burtsr
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by burtsr »

It's nice to know that I'm not alone. Sometimes I'll go for weeks with everything working, then wham, here we go again.
jfheath
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 744 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

The answer to that question is linked to the settings in the Xt /Xt2 for where you want to play music from....The mp3 player or your Bt device. If you change it to mp3 device then that question will pop up again.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC