2024.1 maps cannot be authenticated

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
waspanman
Been liked: 12 times
Great Britain

Re: 2024.1 maps cannot be authenticated

Post by waspanman »

I regularly have to uninstall/reinstall Express when updating maps, very often Express only opens with a blank screen beneath the page header.
My computer could not to open the map update file in either Mapsource or Basecamp as it was corrupted.
NeilP
Great Britain

Post by NeilP »

Peobody wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:21 pm Windows formatting tools limit FAT32 formatting to 32GB resulting in the 64GB card having a capacity of only 32GB. There are third party utilities that will format a 64GB card as FAT32 leaving the full 64GB capacity that the XT will recognize. I don't remember the utility I used. I think it was the HP USB Disk Formatting tool but I am not certain. There are a number of utilities out there that say they do this.

But I'd guess that these third party tools do not get around the 4GB FAT32 file size limit? Latest NT Europe update is 6gb or a bit over
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

No, the 4Gb limit remains which is why both the full EU and NA maps come in 2 parts.
NeilP
Great Britain

Post by NeilP »

Oh ok..i guess on a Mac it only loads it to the computer as a single file of 6gb plus as Mac accepts bigger file, as I only have a single part
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

On the computer they are a single file as the FAT32 limit doesn't apply. It's on devices that they are split.
NeilP
Great Britain

Post by NeilP »

Hmm
On my Zumo 660, it will not load the whole update to the device because of the 4Gb limit, even to the SD card. If you select the full set of regions it goes over 4gb

It does not offer to split or load the whole update, even to 32gb SD
waspanman
Been liked: 12 times
Great Britain

Post by waspanman »

As long as you are careful you can load most of the maps you want, in one Mapinstall loading, then add the missing parts after, best to select an appropriate i.e straight dividing line on the map say somewhere south of Denmark, then add the Scandinavian countries later, double check the highlighted areas for missing segments, especially in and around cities, your card as long as it's big enough, (mines 32gb) will hold them all, though you may get messages about not recognising the maps, check out some test routes to verify by crossing sections loaded at different installs. When I loaded my 660, I used the Mapinstall tool in Mapsource due to the advertised compatibility issues.
NeilP
Great Britain

Post by NeilP »

Ok, will give a try when I get back. Work trip for next few days