Zumo XT2 BT bugs?

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
turbo19
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 6 times
Andorra

Re: Zumo XT2 BT bugs?

Post by turbo19 »

Roverrich wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:54 pm Hello folks, new member here and newly returned to motorcycles rider.

I have a question and wondered if other have had issues w/ their Zumo XT / XT2

I have an F850GS with TFT display and mounted a new XT2 to the bike. Latest firmware installed on Zumo/iPHone/Packtalk Edge and Sena SRl Mesh. I have phone paired to Zumo and headset paired to Zumo. Only one headset paired to Zumo at a time. I can access and control music on the iPhone from the Zumo, answer and make calls and the GPS functions fine. All good right?

My issue is that the unit will randomly power off and drop BT connection. Communicating w/ Garmin customer support we thought it was initially a poor connector or poor power, but it will do same thing w/ fully charged battery and running on battery power. What is even more perplexing is that after a few times of unit powering down, the Zumo will display “Cannot Initialize Bluetooth”, see attached picture. Only a hard power down of the Zumo with the power button will allow the unit to reboot and re-connect.

I’ve sent my Zumo XT2 to Garmin and have a NEW one mounted. Initially the second Zumo worked on a 60 mile ride -perfectly! But today on a short 20 mile ride, it powered down at least 5 times and I got the same error message re: Cannot initialize BT. Only difference was today was 60 deg and the longer ride the other day was sunny and in the lower 80’s.

I’ve tried unpairing, repairing both phone and headsets. I’ve tried disconnecting phone BT to the Bike and tried rebooting BT on my phone multiple times, but it keeps doing it. Only BT option I haven’t tried is running Zumo paired to phone but not to headset, but frankly, if that is how the unit needs to work, it will not meet my needs and I’ll have to return it.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any suggestions?
I have a similar bluetooth problem. I was thinking that was a Tread App issue, but looks is a XT2 problem. Do you have the Tread app installed? maibe is a XT2 update problem. In my case phone calls are cut off, and also the syncing with Tread App is very slow and ramdon, with conexion problems (disconnections). I think that we have to wait for a update in the Xt2 and also in the Tread App.
Do you have wifi conexion problems? I can not connect to the home wifi.
Have you received the incident from Garmin?
Yesterday they told me at the technical service in Spain that there were no similar cases. :lol: :roll:
Roverrich
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by Roverrich »

Well not really. If I don’t pair w my headset and when you pair w your phone if you do not import contacts, it works better, but not perfect. Not sure what the issue is and I’ve learned to live w it.

R
turbo19
Andorra

Post by turbo19 »

Has anyone complained about these errors to Garmin? Yesterday they insisted to me that there are no open incidents due to Bluetooth connections.

I don't know if I believe this to be true. For me, the phone works perfectly with all other Bluetooth devices (car handsfree, JBL speakers, etc.)
Redsars
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by Redsars »

Apologies, I just realized this thread is for XT2, l have a XT. Does seem to be an issue common to both though. I'm going to investigate if it may be some interaction with my WiFi since the Zumo does not need to actually have an active Bluetooth connection for the problem to occur, it just needs to have Bluetooth enabled
turbo19
Andorra

Post by turbo19 »

In my case I´m sure that there is a problem with the Tread APP, because when I connect Phone/XT2 without Tread APP (or Drive in case of XT, because there are some reports in another forum), there is no problem with the phone calls, so looks like this apps interfere a lot with bluetooth and cause these problems.

As a guy on this forum said, Garmin has good ideas but bad software :lol: