Where I've Been App

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
danham
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 94 times
United States of America

Re: Where I've Been App

Post by danham »

Mariannepm wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:25 pm Brilliant. Thanks a bunch. That definitely made sense once explained like that :-) Since you appear to know a lot more than me (not that difficult :D ...) would you know why my music keeps on coming on during trips? It looks like any type of notification would trigger the music to start playing from my phone library...I have a Zumo XT, Iphone and Cardo Packtalk Edge all connected to each other...
First thing to check: the XT needs to be the hub, meaning iPhone and Cardo paired to XT but NOT to each other.

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE
jfheath
Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 742 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Ah, now you are pushing your luck! And mine. I have never come across that issue, I guess your setup is slightly different from mine.

I have an XT, packtalk edge and an android phone. This has to be solvable though.

1. So How are your devices connected ?
Mine are connected like this.
Edge <=== (BT 2nd Phone)===> XT <=== (BT) ===> Phone

The Edge initial BT connection is unpaired / forgotten from the phone

2. Where does your music come from ? Mine comes from the Mp3 player on the Edge.
My early use of sound from phone to Zumo failed. sound breaking up frequently and then every second or so. I reckon that the phone gets interrupted by all of the BT devices in passing cars. Particularly since it works perfectly at my desk and when I first set off. After that, a dead loss.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 334 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

FWIW, I have a Packtalk Bold an XT, and an iPhone. My experience with music on my phone is that the XT would automatically start playing it when the phone connected. I put the music on the XT's SD card instead. I then had to turn off (untick) the "Medio Audio" option in the XT Settings > Wireless Networks > My iPhone.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Mariannepm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 1 time
Ireland

Post by Mariannepm »

Thanks guys, I''ll try those suggestions during our next adventure, hopefully over the weekend. Take care and your expertise and time were much appreciated.