Managing Databases

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Managing Databases

Post by Iris »

I am having problems managing my databases.
I wonder if someone could lead me to a tutorial or where I could find this info.
I do know where the databases are located.
I also see that they are always called the same name. I try to be careful in my organization and create different folders, but I really seem to have messed something up.
I had a database called Europe 2022 (but I never went). So, instead of making a whole new database for Europe 2023, I tried opening up 22 and saving it as 23. It didn’t really work.
I would like to see a visual of a file structure for a pc in file explorer.
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Re: Managing Databases

Post by sussamb »

Databases are named what you call them, and you add databases via Edit, Options. It's impossible to give you a visual in File Explorer as it depends on how folks have organised them but if you know where yours are located you can see them listed.
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Re: Managing Databases

Post by Iris »

I figured out what my problem was.
My first problem was that I had two older BaseCamp versions running. The second problem was that when I was naming my own file to link to the database I created, I didn’t name them the same and it was linking to an older database name.
The short of the story is that I figured it out.