Waypoint Names Missing in MRA Generated Routes

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
bynumpi
United States of America

Waypoint Names Missing in MRA Generated Routes

Post by bynumpi »

I am preparing multiple daily routes in MRA Route Planner for an upcoming motorcycle trip. I have begun the process of identifying my preferred workflow to get the saved GPX 1.1 files to the Zumo XT. In doing so, I have several Viapoints (MRA terminology) that I have labeled with names and addresses. These are typically daily start/end hotels. The names and addresses show clearly in MRA when looking at the route. The problem I'm having is that sometimes when importing a route to the XT, the name gets changed to 'Area' along with the Lat/Long coordinates for that point. This appears to be random, as not all points have this same result.

I have used text editor to look at the GPX file and I am unable to discern what syntax might have resulted in this issue. Everything looks in order when compared to how these waypoints are displayed within MRA.

Is this a common problem experienced by others? Any suggestions for how to remedy?

thanks,

bynumpi
raesewell
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Re: Waypoint Names Missing in MRA Generated Routes

Post by raesewell »

You will get the "Area" name if the waypoint is not exactly on a road with Here Maps. So if you use Google maps you need to switch to Here maps to make sure it is on a road recognised by Here.
bynumpi
United States of America

Post by bynumpi »

Thank you for this insight. Because the route points in question were mostly associated with hotels, the points were typically (not always) placed on top of the POI icon for the hotel, which was usually not on the road. (this also explained the seemingly random nature of the issue) I modified the route points to place them on the road and to name them properly and downloaded to the Zumo XT and PROBLEM RESOLVED! I've got some work to do to clean up my 26 days worth of trip routes, but at least I understand now how to resolve this issue.

Thank you so much!
raesewell
Been liked: 13 times
Great Britain

Post by raesewell »

You're welcome