Zumo XT & the Drive App

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Grabcon
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Zumo XT & the Drive App

Post by Grabcon »

So as we all know the Zumo XT and Mac's don't play well together. So I have been uploading gps files to the Zumo XT using the Drive app and have had great success with no issues. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a new bike and had an 800 mile ride to get home. My wife wanted to stay in touch while following in the car so I paired my head set to my phone so she could just call me when she wanted something.

Once home I installed my Zumo XT on the bike and all is good. This last weekend we were going to a Moto Guzzi Rally so I built some routes and went to upload as normal using the Drive app. Oddly enough the routes didn't load on the Zumo XT. I never had this happen. Hmm. What was different, ah my head set was on and paired to my phone and the Zumo XT. Turned off the head set and everything worked fine. Once the routes loaded I turned the head set back on and everything was fine working as normal. I don't know if it was just a fluke or if this has happened to others. I will test again sometime.

FYI the head set is a Sena SMH10R and the phone an apple I14.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 318 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo XT & the Drive App

Post by Peobody »

I have an iPhone SE, a Cardo Packtalk Bold, and an XT. I learned early on that can not have my iPhone connected to my headset and to the XT without encountering problems. I don't remember the specifics though. I am surprised by the correlation between the Drive app and the headset though. It recognizes the XT so why the connected headset would affect that is beyond me. I wonder if there are any settings in the iPhone, either bluetooth or for the Drive app, where you can control which device the Drive app has access to.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
FrankB
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 130 times
Netherlands

Re: Zumo XT & the Drive App

Post by FrankB »

I have an Android (Samsung S9) What will happen from time to time is that the Garmin Drive App gets updated automatically. Sometimes transfer to/from the XT hangs. When I pair the two again the problem is usually solved.