BT Headset for XT needed any ideas?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
twowheelstom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times
Canada

BT Headset for XT needed any ideas?

Post by twowheelstom »

Looking at replacing my 550 with the XT.. but I'll need a bluetooth headset, any recommendations?
i ride alone no groups, don't need a mic, I use 550 audio for route directions and for MP3 music on SD card via 3.5mm wired earbuds under half helmet.
2005 Kawasaki 800 cruiser Zumo XT 8-)
rbentnail
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 206 times
United States of America

Re: BT Headset for XT needed any ideas?

Post by rbentnail »

I too am a wired earbud guy. When I moved up to the XT I purchased a Bluetooth adapter so I could continue to used my preferred earbuds. I listen to my music from the XT SD card and get audio instructions just like plugging into my 595 cable jack or to my nuvi 780 unit output jack itself. The unit also works with the XT for volume and track fwd/repeat control. I like it, it works well for me. Check ebay for TT-BR06, they are usually there used for 10-12usd.

viewtopic.php?p=18002&hilit=adapter#p18002
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
jfheath
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 678 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Do your research, but this looks interesting.

I have absolutely no experience of this product, but they are Bluetooth, they are slim for helmet earphone recess, and claim to be loud. You'll have a job getting earphones by themselves. This one uses the mike stalk for its controls and charging.

Xt transfers volume control to the headset - as is usual for BT - but XT screen has a mixer where you can balance mp3 output with navigation volume.

XT BT seems to be pretty good for what you want, and the XT media player is good quality.

Reading the Amazon feedback - There seem to be a lot of empty boxes being delivered, but Amazon are pretty good at dealing with these. I have Amazon stuff delivered to a local store. Any returns are done via the same in-store locker.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-Bl ... r=8-5&th=1
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes)

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 318 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

@rbentnail, how long does a charge last on your TT-BR06? I use a TaoTronics TT-BA07 in transmitter mode from a radio in my garage to a bluetooth speaker outside on my patio. The unit works well for this so I can see it working in receiver mode from an XT with wired earbuds. It is always connected to an AC/USB charger though so I don't have any sense about the useful life of a charge.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
twowheelstom
Canada

Post by twowheelstom »

rbentnail wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:47 pm I too am a wired earbud guy. I purchased a Bluetooth adapter I listen to my music from the XT. The unit also works with the XT. I like it, it works well for me.
what socket do you plug your adapter into?
does the XT cradle have a 3.5mm socket input for this adapter?
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 318 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

The adapter is a Bluetooth receiver. You would pair it to the XT like you would a Bluetooth headset and then plug your earbuds into the 3.5mm jack on the adapter. As @jfheath inferred, volume control will need to be figured out. I'm sure @rbentnail will be able to comment on that.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Peobody wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:02 pm @rbentnail, how long does a charge last on your TT-BR06? I use a TaoTronics TT-BA07 in transmitter mode from a radio in my garage to a bluetooth speaker outside on my patio. The unit works well for this so I can see it working in receiver mode from an XT with wired earbuds. It is always connected to an AC/USB charger though so I don't have any sense about the useful life of a charge.
The charge lasts at least 8 hrs. I used it consecutive days this yr on a long ride to Cleveland, each day was 8 hrs minimum. Overnight charge in between. Uses USB A mini cord, same as my Samsung tablet, so I don't have yet another cord to keep up with.
twowheelstom wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:04 pm what socket do you plug your adapter into?
does the XT cradle have a 3.5mm socket input for this adapter?
?????

I'm confused as to why you think it would plug in. It is a free standing unit like an mp3 player. It is Bluetooth paired to the XT with no physical connection between the two.
Last edited by rbentnail on Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Peobody wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:20 pm The adapter is a Bluetooth receiver. You would pair it to the XT like you would a Bluetooth headset and then plug your earbuds into the 3.5mm jack on the adapter. As @jfheath inferred, volume control will need to be figured out. I'm sure @rbentnail will be able to comment on that.
Oooh, I think I get it. Looking at the picture of the TT-BRO6, there's a male plug-in jack sticking out of it. That unplugs and audio out earbuds get plugged in there in its place.

Volume control is straightforward. I +, +, + the adapter volume way up. I then unmute and set the XT Navigation and Media volume levels at the max I want them to be. I then use the ADAPTER volume + and - controls to set my comfortable listening level.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
twowheelstom
Canada

Post by twowheelstom »

rbentnail wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:31 pm Oooh, I think I get it. Looking at the picture of the TT-BRO6, there's a male plug-in jack sticking out of it. That unplugs and audio out earbuds get plugged in there in its place.
Oh I see now, that male plugin sticking out of the receiver comes out and in goes the earbuds 3.5mm jack in its place, now I get it.. that male plug in the picture sticking out of that receiver confused me.
twowheelstom
Canada

Post by twowheelstom »

rbentnail wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:47 pm I too am a wired earbud guy.
I love my wired earbuds because I don't see any room on my half helmet to clip a bluetooth headset, and this bluetooth receiver looks like the solution. I do want to get the XT. Where did you place/locate the bluetooth receiver on your bike? Can it be velcored somewhere on the bike?