route wont sync

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Sandrider
Been liked: 1 time
Ireland

route wont sync

Post by Sandrider »

I have a problem syncing routes between the thread app on my phone and the xt2? planning a 3 week trip around Europe and used the thread app to make the routes now i cant get them to sync to the xt2 unit :?
It is not the fall that hurts, its the sudden stop
jfheath
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 736 times
Great Britain

Re: route wont sync

Post by jfheath »

Welcome @Sandrider

Try deleting and reinstalling the tread app on your phone.

Explanation.....

I don't have an XT2 but read on.
The XT uses the Drive app, instead of the Tread App on the XT2

I have occasional issues with the XT and the Drive App. It loses the BT connection. I don't know what causes it, but it has only ever happened when I have been messing with other BT devices either on my phone or the XT.

The phone can see the XT, the XT is still connected to the phone for calls but the drive app isn't showing its icon on the main screen.

I cannot pin it down, but when it happens, deleting the Drive app from the phone and reinstalling it - and setting it up again always fixes it. It is a pain, but I expect it to happen if I have been pairing the phone or the XT with other devices.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
Sandrider
Been liked: 1 time
Ireland

Post by Sandrider »

Sorry about delay in replying deleted and reinstalled the thread app all working good now :)
It is not the fall that hurts, its the sudden stop
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thanks for confirming that this weird behaviour has carried over to the XT2, and that the same solution works.

It is a pain though as you have to reconfigure permissions and notifications.
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 333 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

@jfheath, are you saying that re-pairing the phone to the XT was not enough? I know that I have lost connection between my XT and the Drive app but I don't recall ever removing/reinstalling the Drive app. I'm believe my kneejerk reaction would have been to tell the phone bluetooth to forget the XT and then re-pair. I recognize we're talking Android vs. iPhone with us so that could make a difference.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Yes - Coincidence, but I had to do it just before I replied. Everything is set up as it should be, but it isn't working. I play around to try and get it to work, to find a better way, but so far a complete uninstall and reinstall of Garmin Drive on the phone has sorted it every time. It isn't a frequent event, but a few times is pain enough.

Yes - sometimes the deletion of the bluetooth connection has worked when I am on the move. But the other day, I tried that a couple of times. Forgot the xt on the phone, forgot the phone on the XT, restarted BT on both. It didn't solve it.

Don't ask. I haven't got a clue. My method of problem solving in such situations is to keep trying different things. One day something different happens. But not so far in this case. Yes - I am android. I've tried Drive on my ipad, and the set up is completely different - much more awkward to filter the notifications, for example.

FrankB
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 132 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

I have an Android phone (Samsung S9) and the XT.

When the communication between the Phone and the XT is stalled, it is usually enough to go into Settings/Apps. 'Force Stop the app', and 'Delete the Cache'. Really dont know how it works on an IPhone.

BTW: It is often needed when the APP was updated.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I'll have to try that again. It never used to work for me, so I have never been back to it. But maybe updates .... ?
Next time it happens.....