Temperature settings on XT2 (Cel / fahrenheit)

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
mmi64
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Temperature settings on XT2 (Cel / fahrenheit)

Post by mmi64 »

There is a post about this for XT but I can't find one for XT2.

I want to change the temp from Celsius to fahrenheit but I can't seem to work out how to do it.
I made the assumption that there may be a setting in the Tread app - but there isn't much there really.

Any ideas?
lkraus
Subscriber
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 139 times
United States of America

Re: Temperature settings on XT2 (Cel / fahrenheit)

Post by lkraus »

I don't have an answer, but it is certainly an interesting question.

I think Garmin links the temperature units to the distance units, at least it has on the 590 and XT. °C and km/h, °F and m/h.

I know of two ways to change the setting on the XT:
Settings> Units & Time
or
From the map, tap the Speed , hold on the speedometer until it switches to the Diagnostics Page, tap Configuration and Settings, scroll down to Change Locale. Save to reboot.

Neither method lets you set the units independently, as in °C and miles, or °F and kilometers.

Out of curiosity, I even changed my XT Locale to the U.K., which produced °C and km/h displays, but I think the U.K. uses miles for distance? A very limited search sort of confirmed that, but it also found mixed units in use, like: "Transport for London is lowering the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph on 65km of roads." :?: :?: :?:
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Temperature settings on XT2 (Cel / fahrenheit)

Post by mmi64 »

Well yes, I'm in London and the UK uses always miles for distance (phew!)

Lots of people here do use Celsius, but I'm still used to using Fahrenheit, which I realise might be a bit old fogey of me but that's what we were taught at school. It's obviously changed since.
If someone says "it's in the 70's (F) out there" then I know what they mean but if they say "oh it's about 20 degrees" (celsius) I'm clueless, and would have to convert it.
That's why I rather hoping it would be possible to switch it. If the answer is no then I'll just have to live with it.