LOAD MAP FROM SD CARD TO THE XT INTERNAL MEMORY?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
dman3998
Has liked: 3 times
United States of America

LOAD MAP FROM SD CARD TO THE XT INTERNAL MEMORY?

Post by dman3998 »

I have North America maps loaded directly on the XT. I purchased the European maps set its on an SD card. is there any way to load the Europe maps onto the Zumo internal memory? the SD card is pretty full already not a lot of room for routes. and it wont run the routes I made for Scotland with out the card in the SD slot. i want to be able to have a blank SC card in there to load all my routes for a month long trip all over Scotland. if i try to open an imported route with out the Europe map it will open but will not calculate it. it also says the route was modified because it was created with a map that is not on the Zumo. what are my best options?

Thanks

Dman3998
lkraus
Subscriber
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 139 times
United States of America

Re: LOAD MAP FROM SD CARD TO THE XT INTERNAL MEMORY?

Post by lkraus »

I don't think a map purchased on a SD card can be moved to internal memory or anywhere else due to copy protection.

Maps built on the XT with the card, or built in Basecamp using the card map with the XT connected via USB should load and work just fine without recalculating - with the card in place. Your internal memory should have ample room for a year or two of routes, they are pretty small. My XT with just the stock maps has nearly 8 Gb free. My entire Basecamp collection of 400 routes, 300 tracks, and 20K waypoints only takes up 222 Mb.
United States of America

Post by dman3998 »

There is just something more comforting for me to have the routes on the SD card. seems more "solid" i will take backups anyway just hate to get in country and have issues.

i will use the internal memory to start with.

Thanks again!

Dman3998
jfheath
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 736 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

If you put your routes, tracks, waypoints onto internal storage, then I recommend a couple of precautions.

Make gpx files of your routes and put those into the Gpx folder -as you would for the sd card.
Put copies of your gpx files on your phone. If you lose a route or track then you can open the gpx file on your phone with the drive app. That will send a new version to the Zumo XT

Apply the two fixes to your routes:

i To prevent route point name changes
ii To prevent RUT behaviour.
Last edited by jfheath on Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It sends a new version to the Zumo (not the phone)
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
dman3998
United States of America

Post by dman3998 »

thanks i will do both of those suggestions

Dman3998