Looking for a quick disconnect mount

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
abowen500
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Looking for a quick disconnect mount

Post by abowen500 »

Hello,

Is anyone making a quick disconnect power mount for the XT2? Or has anyone come up with a creative idea to be able to remove the entire mount easily with some kind of waterproof power connector or maybe an inline power connection using SAE connectors or maybe Powerlet? Thanks.

-Alan
LQQK_OUT
Has liked: 17 times
United States of America

Re: Looking for a quick disconnect mount

Post by LQQK_OUT »

Isn't it simple/easy to just purchase an extra mount and power connection for the second motorcycle?
Zumo XT2, Zumo 595LM
2011 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU
1993 Harley-Davidson FLSTF
abowen500
United States of America

Post by abowen500 »

I’m just wanting a way to easily completely remove the XT2 and its mount. Swapping to another biker would be a bonus, but that’s not why I’m asking. I occasionally like to ride with my phone on the handlebars or to just ride without the GPS from time to time.
chrou54
Belgium

Post by chrou54 »

Hello Abowen,
I just modified my BMW 1250 RT to accept my XT2 instead of my old 660. I used a RAM mount for the mount. I got the BMW power supply from the cradle of the 660 to connect the cradle XT2.
I find myself facing the same problem as you: how to completely remove the cradle XT2 if I want to use my phone as a GPS? I think I'm going to insert a waterproof socket https://www.amazon.com.be/dp/B07GCYCZ6T ... asin_title to be able to completely disconnect the XT2 support. For the use of a phone I will work with a USB power supply or a powerbank
Best regards
BMW R850R 1999
BMW R1250RT 2019
Garmin Dakota, Zumo 660, XT2