Audio from apps through the XT to my headset question.

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Glockgoboom
Has liked: 2 times
United States of America

Audio from apps through the XT to my headset question.

Post by Glockgoboom »

Thinking hard about a XT2.

Something I haven't been able to find out. Let's say I have Waze map app running on my android phone patched into the XT and then my Sena system. Will the audio alerts from the Waze app play through the system? Or will the XT "block" that audio and only play music/phone calls etc. I'm assuming it will just patch through any audio from the phone but who the heck knows these days.

Police alerts, object on road alerts etc on Waze are something I couldn't live without.
maciekptk
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Poland

Re: Audio from apps through the XT to my headset question.

Post by maciekptk »

I have such setup (android phone + Sena headset + XT2) and any audio from the phone is sent to the headset through XT2 so you also should be able to hear alerts from the Waze app.
Glockgoboom
United States of America

Post by Glockgoboom »

maciekptk wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:23 am I have such setup (android phone + Sena headset + XT2) and any audio from the phone is sent to the headset through XT2 so you also should be able to hear alerts from the Waze app.

Great, Thanks for the info!
rbentnail
Subscriber
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 220 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

I took the phone music out of the equation due to its unreliable Bluetooth comm with the XT. I loaded 2500 mp3 songs on my SD card and now get music and turn instructions directly from the gps and use the phone for traffic & weather alerts and a text machine. I use wired earbuds so if I want, say, Sirius/XM I just plug into my phone instead of mt Bluetooth receiver thingy.

I can't imagine Waze routing and gps routing would play well with each other.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Glockgoboom
United States of America

Post by Glockgoboom »

rbentnail wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:28 pm
I can't imagine Waze routing and gps routing would play well with each other.
Wouldn't be using the waze routing. Just using it for the alerts.

Even if you don't insert a destination, just with the app running it will give you the "police ahead" stuff.
So much road construction around here going from 35 to 75 to 45 to 65 multiple times in the span of 5 miles. Good to get those pings and do a double check of speed.