hello from liverpool

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
bigdave
Has liked: 3 times
Great Britain

hello from liverpool

Post by bigdave »

good evening, im dave, im a big lad hence the name, hope someone can answer my questions as garmin support ....well isnt very supportive for my ancient 590 LM

my 590 has just started to play up ( im thinking since its last update) voice command and speed camera warnings are very quiet, i cant hear a thing over 40 mph, whilst music is still really loud, ive adjusted the volumes in the menu to 100% and turned down music to 30% so i can turn up the volume on my cardo to maximum to no avail, ive tried to seek help from garmin but they dont support the 590 any more apart from self help and this subject wasnt asked
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 337 times
United States of America

Re: hello from liverpool

Post by Peobody »

Greetings Dave. Welcome to the forum. I don't know anything about the 590 LM, I use an XT which has a volume mixer which allows for setting a different volume for Navigation, Media, Phone Calls, and Proximity Alerts. Confirm that the 590 does not have the same. Regarding the Cardo, I use a Cardo Packtalk Bold headset and know that its volume control is specific to the source of the sound. If it is from a source other than the 590 by sure to turn it off and then adjust the volume on the Cardo while voice commands are being played by the 590.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
bigdave
Has liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by bigdave »

the 590 does indeed have individual mixers, the volumes of the alerts and navigation are set at 100% and are very quiet ive turned down the music volume to 30% so i can have my cardo packtalk at max to help hear them without being blasted by the music

ive used my zumo for thousands and thousands of miles and this has just happened, id rather listen to directions rather than look at the sat nav only glancing at it occasionally , better to keep your eyes on the road
ZFtracker
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
United States of America

Post by ZFtracker »

Welcome to the forum, Dave.
Zumo 590
Montana 610
Drive 60
inReach Mini