3D AM Adapter

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
purds
Great Britain

Re: 3D AM Adapter

Post by purds »

Sounds like a problem with the pins not making contact properly to me.

Connecting via the USB port goes straight into unit socket and doesn't use the pins - this works ok.
You know you have voltage across the pins but the power doesn't reach the Zumo - so likely the pins aren't connecting properly I would guess.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 410 times
Been liked: 229 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

purds wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:19 pm Sounds like a problem with the pins not making contact properly to me.

Connecting via the USB port goes straight into unit socket and doesn't use the pins - this works ok.
You know you have voltage across the pins but the power doesn't reach the Zumo - so likely the pins aren't connecting properly I would guess.
I'm not so sure as the zumo is turning on when the bike is powered up

When I was having issues it was the charge controller not putting enough voltage out but @Don has replaced that

One thing I did notice on mine though is when it stopped charging if I turned the screen brightness down it would start to charge again

Have you also tried to start the bike then fit the zumo? as on BMW bike there is a short interruption of the power on all auxiliaries when you hit the starter
purds
Great Britain

Post by purds »

:cry:
Stu wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:58 pm
purds wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:19 pm Sounds like a problem with the pins not making contact properly to me.

Good point 🙄
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 410 times
Been liked: 229 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

purds wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:12 pm :cry:
Stu wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:58 pm

Good point 🙄
Don't write it off though as it might just be enough to turn it on and not charge it
Don
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Don »

Thanks Purds and Stu, I will persevere with the unit and try what you suggest and hopefully the unit will start charging. Kind Regards to you both for your help.
purds
Great Britain

Post by purds »

Good luck Don - hope you sort it