Speed Cameras

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
ledwardio
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Speed Cameras

Post by ledwardio »

Have the speed camera warnings been taken away from us and moved to a subscription service?

Mine had been working fine but since a recent update (via Express) they don't seem to be working any more and a friend has reported the same.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Re: Speed Cameras

Post by simoncrewe »

In the UK they have always been included in the price of the XT, although they show on Garmin Express as aan option that you can purchase.
ledwardio
Great Britain

Post by ledwardio »

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think seeing them available to buy has spooked my pal when they seem not to be working. I have explained to him that there is every chance that Garmin have broken then with the update :lol:
FrankB
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 132 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

Not here in the Netherlands.
ledwardio
Great Britain

Post by ledwardio »

Just been out for another test run and definitely getting no warnings or signs of the speed cameras, and being in West Yorkshire I don't have to go far to find rows and rows of cameras to try it on :lol:

Oh well, good old Garmin :roll:
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

An update shouldn't affect cameras already loaded though. You can check if the files are there using Windows Explorer. If the files are there the update may have affected their display, if so try a master reset.
Plainmad
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Plainmad »

I’ll try it with mine but I disabled them originally as it would bing all the time in possible locations of mobile sites. As such I turned them off and used just the static ones for scdb
ledwardio
Great Britain

Post by ledwardio »

sussamb wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:31 pm An update shouldn't affect cameras already loaded though. You can check if the files are there using Windows Explorer. If the files are there the update may have affected their display, if so try a master reset.
Windows explorer would probably need a Windows PC I expect - Mac only for me :) Plus I don't really know what I'd be looking for

The About info on the XT shows cyclops details so I think it's there on the unit, but not sure why the XT is not giving me warnings - that could be down to the XTs system rather than the cyclops data.

I have given it a master reset, always the first thing to try when it's not behaving :lol:
ledwardio
Great Britain

Post by ledwardio »

So, just had a poke around in Garmin Express - clicked on Tools & Content, then Purchased, and there's the option to download Cyclops Europe (I've not purchased this btw)

Downloaded it and now they are working again :shock:
sussamb
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 366 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Somehow the earlier ones must have got deleted then