Bluetooth Help needed

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Jetfixer
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Bluetooth Help needed

Post by Jetfixer »

I recently switched from a Zumo XT to the new Zumo XT2. I use a Sirius/XM Satellite radio mounted in the "Bluetooth SiriusXM Satellite Radio Vehicle Dock SXBTD1V1". I had no issues pairing this Dock to my previous Zumo XT, but when I try to pair it to the new ZumoXT2, it lists it as a "headset". Obviously, this doesn't work. My guess is that either the Zumo XT2 or the Dock is trying to use the wrong Bluetooth profile. Is there any way to make the Zumo XT2 recognize this dock correctly?
jfheath
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 736 times
Great Britain

Re: Bluetooth Help needed

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forums @Jetfixer. Sorry its a late reply, I was away when you posted it.

Have you made any progress with this ? I would imagine that it is a rare combination of headset, Zumo XT and satellite radio - but there must be similarities, and you have the experience of the XT to fall back on.

Do you still have your XT ?

I am going to suggest a catch all for BT problems.
* make sure that no unwanted devices can pair and grab channels while you are not looking.
* Pair the headset to the Zumo first - make sure the Zumo is paired on your headset as a (second) phone , not as a GPS if that feature is available
* Make sure you can get sound from the Zumo to your headset.
* Turn off headset and GPS. Then restart and make sure that they pair.

Now, if it was a phone, i would then say to pair the phone to the Zumo. The zumo gets your contacts, dialling functions and speech in and out and transfers it to the connected device.
But with a satellite system, I can only guess that it can allow the Zumo to take control by BT

I have zero experience with satellite phones, so ignore anything here that doesn't apply.

My main concern was to reply to an interesting question and to bounce the topic up to the top of the forum list in case anyone else - like me - had missed it !
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
danham
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 94 times
United States of America

Post by danham »

Not sure about the XT2, but I know the XT prefers that functions it doesn't recognize go through your phone. I use a Valentine radar detector and its Bluetooth device will not pair with the XT. It will pair with my iPhone, however, which is paired to the XT, and that becomes the pipeline for radar warnings to be handled by the XT and sent to my Sena helmet speakers.

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE
Jetfixer
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by Jetfixer »

Thank you for the replies, but nothing helped. I believe it's because the XT2 is so reliant on the Tread App on the phone, that it can't properly process another device like my Satellite Radio. Even though there is the option of pairing another "phone" without the app, it makes no difference in this case; it still connects to the Radio's cradle as a headset, which of course, does not work.