Tread app not syncing to XT2

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
marcmarc
Poland

Re: Tread app not syncing to XT2

Post by marcmarc »

I've just imported TET tracks to of several countries, tried to synchronise with XT2. It randomly synced some tracks, without adding collections for them.

Absolute garbage.
jfheath
Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 744 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

marcmarc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:02 am I've just imported TET tracks to of several countries, tried to synchronise with XT2. It randomly synced some tracks, without adding collections for them.
Absolute garbage.
What are TET tracks ?
I have not yet tried using data from the Tread App and synchronising with the XT2. i have not yet turned that feature on, but the Tread App on the phone is sending traffic data ok.

My experience with Explore on the XT was not good. Initially it caused the XT to behave oddly, Later, the Explore App was updated, but not the web based version.

Always, synchronisation was not instantaneous. Sometimes some data would come through, but the rest took a while longer. But always, collections, tracks routes and waypoints were synchronised flawlessly. In fact it was the only way that you could get new collections onto the XT.

The XT2 seems to use the same Explore database and system, so I would be very surprised if it behaved so differently. But I am always prepared to be surprised !

Check the visibility of tracks and collections. How are you creating the tracks and collections. I am assuming this is on the Tread App on a phone or notepad? which variety ?

If people know what you are using, they may be able to offer some help.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC
AugustFalcon
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by AugustFalcon »

jfheath wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:53 am ... Always, synchronisation was not instantaneous. Sometimes some data would come through, but the rest took a while longer. But always, collections, tracks routes and waypoints were synchronised flawlessly...
That ^ seems to be the secret, at least for me. It has on occasion taken quite some time to show up on both the Tread App and my XT.
turbo19
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times
Andorra

Post by turbo19 »

I have a similar issue syncing with the second device (a Xiaomi Tab). With my phone there is not problem, everything is syncing well, but when I try to sync all the data with the Tab just syncs some routes. After waiting 1 hour or more there is no news. All the collections appear, but the data is not syncing.

Does someone have this problem? I have tried everything, installing and uninstalling several times.

I want yo have same data in both devices, I think that it is designed for.

Thanks in advance,
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Not had any replies to previous post yet - I am curious to know whether visibility affects the transfer.
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

turbo19
Andorra

Post by turbo19 »

I think that there is some kind of problem with the second device. I create a new WP with a collection, and it does not sync with the explore cloud, neither in Tread nor in Explore website.

The syncing it's faster by BT or with wifi? I've tried both, with same result.

I don´t want to erase all the data of my smartphone, looks like is imposible to duplicate the data in both devices.

:cry:
Sean OZ
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 13 times
Australia

Post by Sean OZ »

I easily fixed ALL the problems I had with the Tread App. It was a very simple process.
I completely Deleted the App from my iPhone.
It's way to glitchy and unreliable!

I use Gaia GPX Maps and Base Camp on my Widows PC for all my route planning and then transfer the GPX files directly from the PC to the XT2 via the original USB cable.
I'm still getting used to what the XT2 can do, but so far so good.
Zumo XT2
2020 Honda CB500X
Sometimes down, but never beaten. :-)
marcmarc
Poland

Post by marcmarc »

Good advice, but I’m currently on vacation in Albania, I have my phone and XT2. From time to time I take a look at wikiloc and download tracks from there. How would I transfer them to XT2 in that situation?

BTW I would never plan a ROUTE (not TRACK) in advance and upload it to a Garmin device. I did so once, with route so long I had to cut it, and then navigating it (resuming every day more than once) was a nightmare experience.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Sean OZ wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:53 am I easily fixed ALL the problems I had with the Tread App. It was a very simple process.
I completely Deleted the App from my iPhone.
It's way to glitchy and unreliable!
The Tread App on your phone also provides the information that the XT2 needs for eg Traffic, road closures, weather, text/message notices from your phone - which will appear as alerts on your Zumo screen.

So if you want these, you need the App to be running - but that doesn't mean having the synchronisation link set up.

I have tread running on my phone, but I have yet to set up the synchronisation process.

I can translate the process of breaking the synch with the GArmin Explore database from lots of experiences with the XT - (but as yet I have not tested it on the XT - but the same features are there.)

Remove the app from your phone.
On the XT2 - View Map->Speed button bottom left->Long press the Circular speedo display top centre - 10 seconds or until screen changes....

This is the 'hidden' system menu
Select Developer Test & Tools -> Resest Explore Database (nothing visible happens)

Immediately, long press the power button on the rear and select Power off from the screen.

Let the Zumo restart. You can then reintsall Tread on your phone - but reject any offer from the app to connect to Explore or to Tread .

On the Zumo - the thing to avoid is to synchronise data or to connect to the Explore or Tread app.

I'm using the Explore App on the XT2 and the routes, tracks, waypoints and collections all under the green banners without being connected to the Explore dtabase via the Tread App on my phone, and I am getting weather, traffic, phone data and (selected) alerts from my phone.

I didn't want to enable it before we wnet on our last mini tour - but I'm back now. I'll check it out.

turbo19
Andorra

Post by turbo19 »

jfheath wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:58 am Not had any replies to previous post yet - I am curious to know whether visibility affects the transfer.
In my case I have tried synchronizing my Explore information in all ways to my Xiami tablet. I have all my Explore information synced on my phone, and what I add syncs well. Not so on the second device (Xiaomi Tablet).

1- With the XT2 connected via Bluetooth and following the steps of the Tread from 0, and letting the system wait for more than 3 hours. Collections and some WP sync, but Tracks don't.

2- Disconnecting the Bluetooth from the GPS as soon as you activate the Tread options linked to the GPS. It seems that this way it tries to synchronize all the information faster, but the result is the same. The tracks are not synchronized to this second device (tablet).

3- ... Any idea?

I have tried leaving the "Great Rides" synchronizing at the beginning of the application, also leaving the collections visible or removing the visibility, with the same result. Why is it not synchronizing the tracks? I have tried removing the heaviest collections, but the same thing keeps happening.

Thanks in advance,