Re-enter all routes

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
timharvey
United States of America

Re-enter all routes

Post by timharvey »

Hi, XT recently messed up the entire route and I was forced to re-enter the entire route.

Importing took a long time and when I tried previewing the route, I didn't see anything. Is there anything unusual here? Thank.
jfheath
Has liked: 356 times
Been liked: 757 times
Great Britain

Re: Re-enter all routes

Post by jfheath »

First of all, welcome to the forums.

uHmmm. Can you clarify :

Re-enter the entire route.

I assume you mean that you had to transfer it into the Zumo from some external source ? If so, what did you use ?

But if you mean that you had to re-import the original that you had already transferred - can you tell us where the route was transferred to - internal storage or SD card.

There is a difference in the way that the Zumo treats gpx data, depending on how it was transferred and where it was transferred to.

Eg. Sometimes I use Basecamp and with the XT attached, I can send it direct to internal storage.
Eg. sometimes I create a gpx file, and use a file explorer to place it on the SD card.

What happens next is very different. I know what it does in each case, but it would help me to work out what has happened in your case if you could add those extra details.
Have owned Zumo 550, 660 == Now have Zumo XT2, XT, 595, 590, Headache
Use Basecamp (mainly), MyRouteApp (sometimes), Competent with Tread for XT2, Can use Explore for XT - but it offers nothing that I want !

Links: Zumo 590/5 & BC . . . Zumo XT & BC