Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Chopperbob
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Netherlands

Re: Planned distance not making sense

Post by Chopperbob »

Update:

Managed to connect with the Mac and the Zumo, uploaded my planned routes in to Basecamp on my new MB Air.

So fine tuning the data now before my trip this summer!!

Thanks all for the help
HarveyM
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 9 times
Canada

Post by HarveyM »

Here's a how to for connecting the XT to basecamp on a mac:
1. Quit Garmin Basecamp and Garmin Express if they are running.

2. Right Click on the black triangle on the top right corner of your display...on the ribbon bar, choose Preferences and UNCHECK both options.

3. With the Zumo XT DISCONNECTED, restart the Mac

4. After the computer is up and running, RECONNECT the Zumo XT to the usb port. Select OK and Continue (USB connection).

5. Start Gamin Basecamp and close the dashboard window.

6. Grab an ice cold beer, an Old Fashion, or a glass of wine (or all three) and watch as you Zumo XT data begins loading into Basecamp.

Note the original post came from here: https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software ... 62#1231262

I'll note I find it much quicker and more convenient to download the maps to my computer than relying on the connected XT maps. I'll also export my routes to my micro SD card and insert that in the zumo rather than directly load them (not sure why I started doing this).
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 318 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

HarveyM wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:17 pm I'll also export my routes to my micro SD card and insert that in the zumo rather than directly load them (not sure why I started doing this).
I do the same. Here are my reasons:
1. Less stress and potential damage to the USB cord jack on the XT by reducing the number of times it is used. It failed on my first XT while under warranty. Best I could tell, its internal connections to the main board failed.
2. The XT will never modify a route on the SD card which means the original is always available to re-import.
3. I can use meaningful filenames. This makes it clean-up easier when it comes time to delete old routes, or delete the route files of a completed one-time trip.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.